Hunter Mountain 1-9-11 Catskills

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hermit

Reaction score
Home-West Shokan N.Y.Avatar 35x12 Catskill grid pa
Maddy and I started this hike from the end of Spruceton rd. on the blue trail. The parking lot was plowed and the snow was quite light,and the cover was light in some spots.Every so often we would catch a rock or 2 with the snowshoe crampons.Yesterday we were hitting quite a few rocks in the southern section of the Catskills.Someone had actually skied from the summit on this trail.Once above the east Rusk col the cover is better. 1 more storm should do the trick.We stopped by the new lean to for a quick snack,and enjoyed the view between snow flakes.The repairs on the ranger cabin came out real nice.I took a couple of pictures from the tower but I could not stay up there too long.The wind had to be blowing 50 mph in the tower.We were the only ones up there today. Here are a couple of pictures.http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredir?uname=lostclove&target=ALBUM&id=5560280258419081569&authkey=Gv1sRgCP3ugMqomsXQ9AE&feat=emailA bottle of whiskey 1/8 full and some food was left in the lean to.Like the sign says carry it in and carry it out.

Last edited: