Going beyond the NH200 highest

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oncoman

Reaction score
Actually trying to assess the feasability of establishing a 1001 list for the Northeast, using the traditional 200 ft interpolated prominence criteria.

Though debatable, I plan to include Pennsylvania in Northeast list.

Going down to 2850' and using 770 Swanson list + ME200, NH200, VT200 + Catskill200 + John Kirk's data (listsofjohn.com), I come up with 976 peaks. However John's lists are incomplete even when changing criteria to 200' prominence.

What I need are:

1. NH 300 list
2. PA 50 list
3. NY 500 list (somebody out there must have looked at ADK pks below 3k)

As for completing such a list...maybe...but presently the 770 list more than contents me.

Thanks in advance for any useful beta. Pierre

Actually trying to assess the feasability of establishing a 1001 list for the Northeast, using the traditional 200 ft interpolated prominence criteria.

Though debatable, I plan to include Pennsylvania in Northeast list.

Going down to 2850' and using 770 Swanson list + ME200, NH200, VT200 + Catskill200 + John Kirk's data (listsofjohn.com), I come up with 976 peaks. However John's lists are incomplete even when changing criteria to 200' prominence.

What I need are:

1. NH 300 list
2. PA 50 list
3. NY 500 list (somebody out there must have looked at ADK pks below 3k)

As for completing such a list...maybe...but presently the 770 list more than contents me.

Thanks in advance for any useful beta. Pierre

Do you try to find some new challenge for our friend Pin Pin after
is retirement from work?

NH 300 or NY 500 in a year can it be possible?

Last edited:
2. PA 50 list
I have done prominence work in PA, it's a nasty state for finding peaks as it's long ridges with deep cuts and saddles in peculiar places.

When you get an approximate cutoff elevation for your list, go to cohp.org to find the county HP list - that will tell you what counties have high enough areas to search.

NH 300 or NY 500 in a year can it be possible?
Since you can easily do 2 or more in NH in a day, it should be no problem to get 300 in a year if you have the time and ambition