Liquid Bandage and Cold Cuts

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Did this help your cuts?

• Total voters

pks4000

Reaction score
My friends

For decades I've suffered along with most of my climbing friends from "cold cuts" on our fingers (cuticles).

They are nasty little slices next to the fingernail .And ..... they hurt.

Seeing the Neosporin on my friend's table reminded me of the treatment Ive used for years now. Except Neo didnt work . I even wrapped tape around the finger to keep the Neo there during the day.

Taa Daaaaaa! (Hear Trumpets.)

Use Liquid Bandage (generic like CVS , or name brand).
http://www.cvs.com/CVSApp/catalog/s...id=Shopping_Feed_Products_Google_Free_Listing

It actually seals the cut (It stings for 10 seconds) and lasts all day.... unless your scrubbing in to perform surgury:rolleyes:

After about 4 anoitments, the cut may be be sealed and healed (Hey, I should be a poet OR song writer)

Since Im a pro musician, I discovered this product trying to find pain relief on my left ring finger which had a subcutaneous blister before I had a major show to do. I used Liquid Bandage after each set. It really helped.

We are at: www.cocabananband.com .... warm weather tropical rock with a Latin back beat.
Climb onward and upward,

Last edited:
I can't say I've used it for "cold cuts", but I've used liquid bandage for any other various cuts and scrapes and agree it works like a charm! A good sting for a few seconds, then sealed and healed. :cool:

Absolutely! My poor fingers get all sorts of thin splits from the cold & wet and nothing helps them heal up quickly like liquid bandage. Good stuff. It's basically medical grade cyanoacrylate (super glue).

I've always just used super glue. The regular kind you buy right from the store. I'm a machinist and depending on the material I am working with during the week, I end up gluing at least a couple finger tips every week it seems like.
None of my fingers have fallen off yet from not using medical grade super glue.

I've always just used super glue. The regular kind you buy right from the store. I'm a machinist and depending on the material I am working with during the week, I end up gluing at least a couple finger tips every week it seems like.
None of my fingers have fallen off yet from not using medical grade super glue.
Keeping your fingers moist with daily hand lotion applications can help avoid the need for first aid.

I've tried most everything over the years. Liquid bandage worked okay. Most recently, I've been using Eucerin rubbed on my finger tips and under the nails. It make it look dirty under the nails, but seems to be pretty good at stopping the painful cracks.