Maine AT (Monson to Flagstaff Lake)

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

askus3

Reaction score
Warwick, NY ( 3 miles by crow from Wildcat Shelter
From 9/26 thru 10/1, we day hiked and slackpacked a charming section of 56 miles of the AT southbound. The weather was outstanding and the company (our group of 9) was compatible and pleasant to spend a week with. My trip report is completed but is 16 pages long, so the people at whiteblaze have graciously wanted my lengthy report attached to the thread, so if you want to read it or just to have my logistic spreadsheets for future reference, here is the link to whiteblaze.net. Also, my photos from my trip I have posted in the photo gallery at whiteblaze.net . Make sure if you want the description of the pictures to click on each individual picture. I have a write up for each one.

I am so excited that I am already planning next years adventure, the AT from Flagstaff Lake (east end) all the way to South Arm (southbound) and I will make sure I take the excursion to include all ten 4,000 footers including Abraham & Reddington along the way. This trip will be a grueling 7 days on the AT covering 75 AT miles plus a day for climbing Tumbledown and an optional zero day where I might do a hundred highest peak in the region. All 7 days on the AT will be around 12-15 miles each and 6 of the 7 days will include 3500-4500 foot elevation gain. The trip will take place Sun. 8/21 thru Wed 8/31. We will have two auto camping bases. The northern half (7 nights) cabins or auto camping at Deer Farm Campground in Kingfield, ME & the southern half (3 nights) at Coos Canyon Campground in Byron, ME (also cabins or auto camping options).

Last edited: