Arctic National Wildlife Refuge presentation by Dave Govatski, Feb.3, Tin Mountain

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gaiagirl

Reaction score
Thursday, February 3, 7pm
Tin Mountain Nature Learning Center,
1245 Bald Hill Road
Albany, NH 03818

Join Naturalist David Govatski to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge. Dave will show a high-definition movie of ANWR featuring its wildlife, vegetation, and sweeping panoramas, and a slideshow of his 2010 rafting expedition in the Brooks Range.

Tin Mountain Conservation Center
603-447-6991
[email protected]
www.tinmountain.org

Don't miss this one! Dave Govatski is a superb presenter, an incredible scientist, and an all-around wonderful person.

Dave Govatski was also first to redline all of the trails in the White Mountain Guidebook, completing way back in 1997.

Sorry that I will miss his talk, but hoping that he will presenting it again.

Dr. Dasy,

I knew that and was assuming most of us here did too, but your post reminds me some may not. He did a program for us last year, as well, and he was in attendance for a lichen program this fall. We are very lucky to have him come and present!

Last edited:
I'm sorry to be missing this as well. I am currently reading "Being Caribou" by Karsten Heuer, and would really like to learn/see more about ANWR.

Hopefully someone here can make it and will have a "Trip Report" to share.

Una Dogger reminded me to give a recommendation for another great Alaskan arctic novel.

Ordinary Wolves by Seth Kantner. It's a generational book that defines modern Alaska as well as London or Service ever did 100 years ago.

Una Dogger reminded me to give a recommendation for another great Alaskan arctic novel.
Ordinary Wolves by Seth Kantner. It's a generational book that defines modern Alaska as well as London or Service ever did 100 years ago.

Thanks, on my list!
While we are at it:
Walking the Big Wild, From Yellowstone to the Yukon
also by Karsten Hueur

Thursday @ 7PM at Tin Mountain in Albany, NH

But back to the presentation ---- You all should come! :D Play hooky, leave the kids alone, let your husband or wife deal with dinner, whatever, just come to Dave's program. You'll thank yourself later.

This is tonight at 7PM at Tin Mountain

Just a reminder that this program by Dave Govatski on ANWR is tonight at Tin Moutain. Come on by!