Elk Lake Trailhead and Hunting Season

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trails from Elk Lake are closed during big game hunting season, which this year is October 23 - December 5. You can still climb the Dixes from the north via Clear Pond or east via the Boquet River, West Mill Brook, or Lindsay Brook routes.

The Elk Lake trails (to Marcy and Dix) will close for big game season

The Elk Lake trails (to Marcy and Dix) will close for big game season starting this Friday, Oct 22. Reopening Dec. 6th.
This info and more from a DEC page:
http://www.dec.state.ny.us/website/reg5/hptrails.html

I had plans for those trails this weekend, and just now remembered about the annual big game season closure.

MarkL -

Thanks for posting that link to the DEC "notices and conditions" page. Lots of interesting info there.

G.

Percious

Just did Redfield, which makes me a 44'er. Still need Blake and Marcy, and saving Marcy for last. I have a friend who needs Marcy for his W46, and we're planning on summiting together. Shoulda done Blake when I had the chance. Now it's either wait, or go up and over Colvin.

Got sidetracked from the 46 this summer for a 9-day hiking vacation in Colorado (avitar). Hopefully I'll have the TR done within a couple of weeks.

Hi rico,

Good luck with Blake. Let me know when you are doing Marcy, while I will not be able to keep up with you I would like to be on the trail when you finish your 46.

I did follow that route you gave me and have a funny story to tell you.

Mark