Tecumseh,from the Ski Area 2/6/11..Third Round finish for Sabrina and Terra

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silverfox

Reaction score
Trail conditions: A bit wet packed snow up to the water crossings which were bridged..More powder from there..up to 8-10 inches of fresh up high on consolidated base..Some much deeper drifts. Beautiful snowshoe track on descent though sadly barebooters were headed up later in the afternoon

Equipment: snowshoes from the car..while somewhat mild at the base it was quite cold and blustery on the summit. In and out views..it was a nice day out

Comments: Terra the Traildog and Sabrina finish their Third Round of the 48. Glad to be able to hook up with them this morning. Amazing amount of energy for both after their late night out yesterday..Very impressive

a pic of the happy hikers

http://www.flickr.com/photos/silverfox777/sets/72157625867131565/

Last edited:
Thanks, Silverfox!

A spontaneous decision to "bag Tecumsah on the way home" finally brought to fruition! So glad you happened to be looking to spend a few hours outside today and were able to mobilize so quickly!

Just a few words of gratitude, to my little buddy who has been at my side for the past 7.5 years, since she was a little bundle of grey fluff plucked by me from the security of her litter, her loyalty has been unwavering and she is the best hiking partner ever -- she knows the weather, the terrain, and how to keep a flock of hikers together, all by natural instinct and her drive to work with people, she takes her job as trail dog seriously, and never ceases to amaze me with not only her endurance but more and more by her genuine concern for us, her hiking "sheep".

And did I mention her sense of humor? Today, she was stepping on my snowshoes more than usual -- a glance over my shoulder revealed the truth of the situation, as she lifted her eyes to meet mine, stick in her mouth, I saw her intentionally paw my snowshoe tail....:rolleyes:

Its been a great weekend of winter adventure, a bit of everything conditions wise -- always I feel blessed to have so many friends in my life who share not only my love of the mountains but my sick sense of adventure (sometimes referred to in kind as "eternal optimism", thanks for seeing the bright side!).

Looking forward to many many more hikes with all my friends, two and four foots alike!

Happy Trails

(and here's that picture, thanks Mark!!)

5423485478_577019a865_z.jpg

Way to go you two! Nothing like having that constant companion that you can always count o- when you're on the trail. Hope you get a few more rounds together! Great pic of the happy hikers.

Congratulations! You lapped me, I still have a peak left on my second round, but then again, it's ski season right now. ;)

Terra is currently collapsed on her dog bed. Too much celebration of her big finish, methinks.

Great photo! Thanks for sharing.

Sounds like a fun trip and pretty decent conditions. It seems the consensus is that Tecumseh is a great winter peak!

Karl

Where did you get that suit for Terra? I have a friend with a springer who accumulated about a million ice balls on his stomach last time we went out in the snow. Would be cool to get something like that.