Crow Hills to Monoosnoc North Leominster

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Casual Hiker

Reaction score
Date of Hike: 2/13/11

Trail Conditions: The trails around Crow Hills were mostly broken out with clear snowshoe tracks. I went from the climbers parking lot around the pond and up towards Rocky Pond. The lower trails were well broken out, while the trail heading back to Rocky Pond was less so.

I took smaller trails back to Notown Reservoir, and these trails hadn't been broken out at all, except for deer, rabbits and canine tracks. I continued over Mount Elam road to marker 5 on the Monoosnoc Trail, and then followed the trail back to markers 4, 3, 2 and 1 to the parking lot. The Monoosnoc was not broken out between markers 5 and 4, and there was a rough snowshoe trail from 4 to 2, where it became more traveled.

Special Equipment Required: Snowshoes only are essential. The snow is well crusted on top, and most of the hike I was able to walk on top without too much difficulty. I did break through in a couple of spots, and the snow ranged from 1 to 3 feet deep.

Your name: Bill Jenczyk

Your E-mail address: [email protected]