road/parking lot at Adirondack Loj

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hikerfisher73

Reaction score
I'm heading up there tomorrow, and I have the choice of taking my 4wd truck or my front drive wagon. I'd rather not use all the extra fuel to drive the truck, but I also don't want to get stuck. Anybody been there in the past couple days that can tell me what the conditions are like?

Patrick

Agree. We were just there. The road coming in (where the wind always blows across the field) is generally worse than the parking lot. Just stay up near the Loj/toll both shed. 73 can get wind blown snow, too. My front drive van would do fine.

I noticed that you now can park on the road near South Meadow ("Meadows Lane"), and the "new" Loj Road bridge is in place, waiting for the new connecting road surface to be completed.
Note: Being able to legally park on Loj Road there is subject to seasonal change; watch for signs that may restrict parking.

Last edited:
Yes road to the Loj is in rough shape just like the parking, yesterday the 17 it was all ice in the morning then a deep mud/slush field in the afternoon... must be spring soon and right now 3PM it is 65F and sunny!

Not the Loj but I was told last night from a local that the road going to the Garden is in rough shape and barely plowed. Four wheel drive recommended :)

We were there sunday-tuesday. It was fine, a bit icy, but no problems getting up or down it in a 2WD car.