Road closings?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jasonst

Reaction score
Anyone out there know approximately when the access road to Gale River / Garfield trail is closed for the season? Thanks

Mohameds site
Has openings and closings of forest service roads. Nothing is posted yet. From experience they usually close these in early November but it depends on the weather. I've been up Tripoli road in mid-November when we had very little snow up to that point. I've never been up the Gale River road at this time of year but I have walked it in winter and it's not a bad walk to the trailhead.

Most roads in NH, similiar to the Gale River/Garfield trails road, are open until at least the end of the deer hunting season.

Drove by it today & checked it out. Appears the gates are open. Crossing my fingers that it stays that way for another week!

Periwinkle said:
Drove by it today & checked it out. Appears the gates are open. Crossing my fingers that it stays that way for another week!
They won't close them until after Nov 15 or first snow, at a minimum. You're OK for a while.

-dave-

I'm pretty sure they'll still be gated and the snowmobiles already use that road to Gale river anyway. There's a main trail off the dirt road for snowmobiles and if you visit it in winter you'll usually see trucks with SB trailers parked there. Tripoli road is used by snowmobilers also, not sure if they do so legally.