Mt. Height / Nineteen Mile Brook Trail / Carter Dome Trail / Carter-Moriah Trail

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
U

Unregistered

Date of Hike: 3-13-2011

Trail Conditions: Snow, well-packed trail, snow is crusty in spots and deep just off-trail. Quite a few post-holes. No ice seen.

Special Equipment Required: Snowshoes. Snowshoes. Snowshoes.

Comments: I brought crampons along but they never left my pack. It would have perhaps been a little more useful if I had brought along the tails for my MSR snowshoes instead -- I broke through on some of the crustier sections of the trail.

I met quite a few hikers on this trail who were equipped with microspikes or crampons. These hikers seemed to nearly universally be carrying their snowshoes on their backs. It was kind-of unbelieveable to me that with all of the post-holes around and with me gently suggesting "this trail sure is nice when you hike it while wearing snowshoes" that these hikers continued on their way {sans} snowshoes.

No views from the summit, but it is always beautiful in its own way on top of a mountain.

Your name: TDP

Your E-mail address: TDP@