ADK Grid?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NY save yourselves and don't get influenced for once:D
I object to the grid terminology... I mean wtf ?

Kinda ironic that a place that one would go to to get "off the grid", would be called the grid. :p
That said, it's an mind boggling accomplishment whatever it's called!

Expired: NH48/NY46 in one season
Tired: The "Grid"
Wired: The "Matrix"

As far as I know, The Matrix has never been done.

What's The Matrix?
All 48 peaks in every month, repeated every consecutive month over one year.

An entirely fictitious event. So far.

Surely somebody with the right obsessive genes and way, way, WAY too much time on their hands will come along to do this....someday. Sure won't be me!

Last edited:
What is a gridiot? (I can't seem to locate the term on Urban Dictionary)

I think it's "high" time we put a stop to ppl doing these all season rounds, single season rounds, bushwhack rounds, 12 month grids, 52 weekly rounds ..... it jus taint natcherel. :D

Then there are those who don't do a 'round' but do a single peak hundreds of times.

... I think nearly all of those that have done it will tell you how much the peaks really do change and how much they enjoyed getting to see it happen.
I remember Ketch encouraging this when talking about 'his' peak, Algonquin. He said that you really must hike it every week of the year to appreciate the changes that occur throughout the year.

I didn't see a report of #9, but I think I know who it is. HERE is a thread about my finish in Dec. '09. Further down in it is discussion of the previous finishers

The list on that thread is not accurate as at least one of the individual listed Sharp Swan has not climbed the 12 x 46 even though he has completed more than 25 rounds of the 46 always finishing on Marshall.

The last one to complete was Matt Clark early this past January 2011.

Last edited:
Then there are those who don't do a 'round' but do a single peak hundreds of times.
LD has done Monadnock hundreds of days in a row, mornings as he works 2nd shift

Is the negative issue with being a "peakbagger" that 48/46/35 peaks is too many, or too few?

The list on that thread is not accurate as at least one of the individual listed Sharp Swan has not climbed the 12 x 46 even though he has completed more than 25 rounds of the 46 always finishing on Marshall.
That is the reason I wrote there is 9 now. Because Sharpy has done 'everything under the sun' I had assumed he did at the time. My lengthy opening about 20+ rounds was written out of respect for what him and others like Phil Correll have done over the years. But with him not officially doing it, it would have Joe being number 8 and Matt number 9.