2011 Adirondack BBQ and Gathering

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What are you thoughts?

• Yes, I plan on attending

Votes: 16 42.1%
  • No, I am not attending

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Maybe, leaning toward a no

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Maybe, leaning toward a yes

Votes: 14 36.8%

• Total voters

peak_bgr

Reaction score
Let me know if you are coming, not coming, maybe coming. I'm not looking for set in stone, just to get an idea of what to expect.

I am working with ADK to see if we can have it at the Loj Campground in the group sites. This will put everyone right there with no driving involved.

It'd be my first but if the timing is right, this could be the year. A warning, though ... I attended every VFTT fall Gathering and several in winter and they only stopped because I wouldn't stop attending!

Let me know if you are coming, not coming, maybe coming. I'm not looking for set in stone, just to get an idea of what to expect.

I am working with ADK to see if we can have it at the Loj Campground in the group sites. This will put everyone right there with no driving involved.

I think the group camp site is too small for a crowd this size and it no noise after 10:00 which could be inhibiting. I also willing to bet the traditional huge campfire would be way too big for the Loj to allow. The Loj is more expensive than Magic Pines in Lewis. :)

I've camped at the group site several times with the Scouts.

The second weekend in August is good for me and I willing to help out if it's needed.

Last edited:
I think the same family issues that have kept me away for the last couple years will still be in play so I chose no, but I can always hope

The Loj is no advantage for me as I hope to climb something like Puffer or Kempshall, so if red tape and expense are too much the old place would be fine for me

If the pines are a little more loose in terms of regulations, and cheaper I would vote for them. Also concerning dates, the Warrior Dash is the 13,14 down in Windham so my vote would be for not that weekend.

For those coming over from NH after work, Magic Pines is a lot easier to get to on a Friday evening that farther west in the ADK's. A long running issue with VFTT events is that the partying runs late into the evening and many commercial establishments are unwilling to put up with it. This has been an issue with more than a few of the traditional white mountain gatherings.

VFTT couldn't outdo the late night partying and noise from the trailer park next door to Magic Pines. The owners of MP love us, too. They love bonfires. The location's not perfect but I'd vote for going back there.

Wherever it is, though, I'll be there.

teejay

The Loj would be an issue with a large, loud, late group. Magic Pines is a little out of the way from many of the hikes, but convenient in a lot of other ways.

Magic pines it is

So ADK was too much of a hassle with to much red tape as everyone suspected. So, Magic Pines it is. I have the reservations already in and they are holding the group sites for us.

AUGUST 19-21 this year - on my B-day no less. Just check in at the front desk as you come in.

So there was in increase in the cost this year. I hope you are all sitting down. Instead of $3.00 per person, per night. It's going to be $3.50.

Everyone is welcome to show up on Thursday if they would like. I know there are some that make it a longer weekend. This year I have all three days off, so party on.

I will post more in depth details in a bit, but this is a start.

Last edited:
AUGUST 12-14 this year - on my B-day no less.

Works for me. :cool:

Maybe I'll try to bake a cake in a dutch over if I'm not too beat. I do a good cobbler and pinapple upside down cake but never a cake cake. What's you favorite flavor? Then again there is never any shortage of deserts. :)

Pinapple upside downcake would be awesome!!!!!

Yeah, I set it as the second weekend in August so most people are aware and can plan at anytime. So yes next year it would be August 10-12, 2012