2011 Adirondack BBQ and Gathering

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What are you thoughts?

• Yes, I plan on attending

Votes: 16 42.1%
  • No, I am not attending

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Maybe, leaning toward a no

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Maybe, leaning toward a yes

Votes: 14 36.8%

• Total voters
Pinapple upside downcake would be awesome!!!!!

I'll see what I can do. :)

DreamFarmer and I started planning yesterday so we can get to the campground earlier on Sat buy doing a Thur and Fri overnight adventure :cool: near by so the hike out and the drive to camp will be shorter on Saturday.

!!!very important notice!!

DATE CHANGE

As everyone knows my Daughter Emily is a huge fan of the gatherings I have been having and with this - the second weekend of in August she will still be at camp, I looked at the calander wrong and now need to change the date of the gathering so she can be there.

The new date wil be the third weekend in August, the same weekend as last year. So...
August 19-21, 2011
Is the new set in stone date for the 9th annual gathering.

I've cleared the date and ready for something!! My understanding is that Audrey is hoping to be "out of jail" be this w/end and join with us! Can't think of a better reason to be there and raise a glass! :cool:

Thought this thread could use a boost up the line a bit -- surely others are starting to formulate summer plans. Thanks Spence!!

yay!

Will be back on the left side of the pond for a visit, and I think I might be able to make this now that the dates have changed. Have really enjoyed this gathering in the past, and look forward to seeing everyone again!

Rebecca

Sunday

So, it's a go. Sunday is trail work day with Sheri Amsel. This is a volunteer day, of course and totally optional for everyone. No one should feel obligated to join in, I just feel it's a nice way to give back.

The plan, which can change, is to build a trail. This is not on state land but on private easement land. There will be pruning, cutting, chainsaw work, possibly stepping stones, waterbars, boardwalks and scraping for treadways will be proposed. Sounds like the trail is laid out and flagged, we just need to go through and do the physical labor part. I will have more details as it nears.

If you want to join in, shoot me a PM so I can get a count for Sheri. Also, if you join in and you have hand tools available for use, let me know this as well.

Gail and I missed last year but will do our best to make this one :)

dates

perhaps an edit in the first post so there's no confusion on dates would be in order. just a thought

I wouldn't miss this for the world. Looking forward to seeing all my hiking buddies again! Put me down for the trail clearing on the Sunday Spence!
I've had plenty of practice this summer! ;)

perhaps an edit in the first post so there's no confusion on dates would be in order. just a thought
Edit done!

Friday we will be possibly be doing Saddleback in the Jay Range or Slide in the Sentinels. That could all change though.

Saturday we may be paddling Long Pond and climbing Long Pond Peak with a short bushwhack as well. Side trip to Ledge Pond as well.

We'll have to go home on Saturday morning since we're having a party for a grandson who's departing for Marine bootcamp, so I'm counting on the fact that there'll be some folks around on Friday night...yes??????