2011 Adirondack BBQ and Gathering

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What are you thoughts?

• Yes, I plan on attending

Votes: 16 42.1%
  • No, I am not attending

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Maybe, leaning toward a no

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Maybe, leaning toward a yes

Votes: 14 36.8%

• Total voters
I've had to change my travel plans and won't be able to attend this gathering, which is very disappointing. Hope you all have a great time!

Rebecca

Reactions: arm
Our planned destination on Friday is Owl's Head - the one on the north trail to Giant. Possibility of heading over to Green Mt with whoever wants to throw in another one.

My loyalities have been stretched between: my family, my in-laws and my hiking friends. I love hanging around a big! campfire drinking beer and BSing but alas blood (and the fear of losing it) is thicker than swimming pool cooled beer. I'll be in two different locations in the Adirondacks with an overnight hike inbetween. I O Spenser a dutch oven birthday cake.

My loss. I'll miss the beer. :p:D:)

In my case, there's a very high probability of whacking a high peak and partying hard (hike hard, party hard) that same evening at the gathering. Limping home the next day after NOT eating breakfast at the Lewis truck stop. :D

Last edited:
Yes, Emmy and I will be kayaking for the day, and then picking up Corenne after work at 8. We will be there around 9pm. There better be cold beer available!! Oh and warm faces too.

Trail work

Thank you for offering to provide some trail work for Champlain Area Trails. We are still deciding which trail(s) to work on. I'll let you know soon.

I expect the tools will be loppers, hand saws, and weed whips. A few hammers and nail bags would work also. Also, is 8:30 an okay meeting time? We could meet at 9:00 if that is more convenient. How long would people be available?

This is what I have so far. We will be starting at 9 and going until 1pm or so - per a second e-mail from them. Waiting to see where we are meeting.

Trail work update

We will meet at the junction of Lakeshore Road and Sherman Road, about 0.8 mile north of the Westport Boat Launch.

Directions: If coming into Westport from the Northway, just past the Essex County Fairgrounds, turn left of Sisco Street. Take it to the first stop sign. Turn left onto Route 22. About 1/10th mile past the Westport Boat Launch is Lakeshore Road. Go right onto Lakeshore and continue about 7/10th mile to Sherman Road. Park in the pull-off on the north side of the junction.

We may finish on this trail somewhat quickly and if we do, we may caravan to another trail to work on it.

Nice to see a bunch of you ! Saturday we ended up doing Whiteface and summited at 6PM. It took a little coaxing and when we decided to set Whiteface as "the goal", I promised the boys I'd take them home early if we made the summit. Therefore, we broke camp at 11PM and drove home through the night. A promise is a promise. Garret and Mitchell added 3 peaks to their count and might be getting hooked.

haha! That explains who was leaving at that time of night!! Thought somebody was ticked off at our lovely group! :D

As always - a great time, good people, fun hikin, delicious food, nice music AND a decent campfire even though it took 4 fire-mongers to replace MongoMan Marc!!

There's an awful lot to like about Magic Pines!! :cool: