Wyman Mountain

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buddy

Reaction score
I'm considering a bushwhack up Wyman mountain. Any imput would be appreciated. Any views, best approach or what was your approach like?
Approach from Moss pond or Westmill brook? Buddy

When Bushwacker and I did Wyman we traversed Buck then Bear to Wyman via West Mill Brook. Take the extra couple hours to do this. You won't regret it. The woods are very open and great views from all three. Off from Wyman we descended directly south to pick up West Mill Brook itself, and followed it back to the trail. Let me know how it goes. Definatly a hike I'll never forget.

Wyman Mountain is an absolute winner!

I have not yet had an opportunity to climb Buck, Bear and Saunders, but have been up Wyman twice.

The first trip we started from Lindsay Brook, and made our way up the long NE ridge of Wyman. This was beautiful, and reminiscent of other hikes in that area with large sections of open rock and great views. The summit of Wyman ha spectacular open views. We descended directly down steep slabs in to West Mill Brook, and completed a loop.

The second time was in and out via West Mill. It's the "short" route. That day, we had rain and pea soup fog, zero views, and it was still a great day out.

If you are taking the West Mill approach, you can find Wyman Brook fairly easily. There is a fairly well used camping area along the N shore of West Mill Brook, near where Wyman Brook departs. It's a fairly direct trip up Wyman from there.

TCD