Vose Spur 3/19

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chinooktrail

Reaction score
Meri, Geneva and I managed to get ourselves to the canister of Vose Spur without much effort on a beautiful day.

Ok, maybe a little bit of effort after the talus field with the steep section of one foot forward and 4 slides back. ;)

We went in via Sawyer River Road, Signal Ridge Trail and then Carrigain Notch Trail ~then a few steps past the 'boulder'. We both set our compasses and started taking the path of least resistance, stoping merely to check our bearings ~ since none of us were tired or winded at all. :rolleyes:

I am fairly sure we hiked up to a nice ridge and just went straight (more or less) to the talus field. It was a pleasant surprise to pop out right on target.

Then the steep and deep section to the top ridge and then we easily found the herd path and voila! PVC GOLD!

I have to say, it would appear that there is a lot of beaver activity on the Carrigan Notch Trail, and it almost looks like they are building fences. Those are some busy little, um, 'small furry creatures with big teeth and flat tails who are so abundant in Canada...'

Wicked fun day out with Meri practicing our Map and Compass newly aquired skills! I hope to keep on getting a lot more experience so it comes more naturally.

The added benefit to bushwhacking is the fresh pine smell your house gets for a few days after. :)

First time I heard anyone say Vose Spur was easy. You girls are tough!

you know Pa, I think Meri and I were just having such a fun time, the hand over hand climbing, and the potential 'sliding to our ultimate death' just had no effect on us.

We had lots of fun, lots of laughs and not a lot of actual busting through spruce walls.

It really was a fun day!

:)