Signs Signs Everywhere a Sign

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billy

Reaction score
Didn't want to hijack the thread started by Tim Kase. So here is some related stuff. Feel free to add some more.

Sign on Whiteface Mountain (ADKs)
1228567090_A7J2S-M.jpg

1228567260_ZbxR7-M.jpg

1228567389_UBhQp-M.jpg

If you go to the W side of the underpass at Lafayette Place there was an interesting pair of signs, I didn't have a camera when I was there.

Other than the distances in the two signs are different, is there also a misspelling I'm missing? Anyone who has spent time in the Adirondacks knows that the DEC's signs often don't agree with the ADK guidebook's distances.

teejay

Other than the distances in the two signs are different, is there also a misspelling I'm missing? Anyone who has spent time in the Adirondacks knows that the DEC's signs often don't agree with the ADK guidebook's distances.

teejay

This happens in other areas as well.

The most amusing one (to me, at least) are a series of RMC signs on the Airline trail to Adams that become more noticeable on the way down. About mid-way the signs indicate the closer you get to Lowe's store (the trailhead), the further away it seems to be - at least according to the signs.

To me, it's part of the charm of the hiking in that area of the Whites. I hope they never "fix" those signs.

signs for all ova'

I love signs

Ummm, hmmmm
1018629778_bBZyc-L.jpg

786103121_DhHDU-M.jpg

1210234421_Baoua-M.jpg

1158220405_tTTGd-L.jpg

Finger Lakes Natl Forest
929327592_rM9zY-M.jpg

Dave's Yurt-Bethel Maine
829493098_Vn35E-M.jpg

Signs with lessons along the Skyline Dr
722353613_vzb3n-M.jpg

VA/DC
718615866_RwNYp-M.jpg

War History Trail signs
718841499_9kRKC-L.jpg

Unique signs
718365058_uxgcv-M.jpg

silly signs
986502588_gnYTJ-M.jpg

...in the bathroom at Ravine Lodge
1195846837_Acxsr-M.jpg

Last edited:
Other than the distances in the two signs are different, is there also a misspelling I'm missing?...

No, Zealand didn't have any spelling errors, just the distance thing. The original idea of this thread was signs that have harmless little mistakes on them, but I like that others have expanded the scope to include any signs they like.

No, Zealand didn't have any spelling errors, just the distance thing. The original idea of this thread was signs that have harmless little mistakes on them, but I like that others have expanded the scope to include any signs they like.

Billy, I don't think teejay was referring to Zealand... but rather to your first sign, on Whiteface.

No one has mentioned the sign for M.t Tom at the junction of Avalon and A-Z. Here is my current favorite sign from conservation property in Amherst, NH:

I was referring to the Zealand signs. Should have said the second pic.

teejay

OK... sorry... but what about the spelling of Maine's best known peak in this thread's first photo? I've never been there, but I've also never seen it spelled like that!