Sometimes You Get Better Views of Wildlife Just by Staying at Home!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1HappyHiker

Reaction score
There are times when I'll go off into the woods for a trek and enjoy the walk in the woods, but end up not seeing much (if anything!) in the way of wildlife. My wife will sometimes give me a good natured ribbing by saying that she sees more wildlife than I do by simply looking out the windows of our home. Although it's certainly not an everyday occurrence, she has seen moose, bear, deer, porcupine, as well as the usual variety of birds, squirrels, etc.

A few days ago, I had just walked in the door from one of my "non sight-seeing" hikes when my wife called me over to the window to see a herd of turkeys immediately outside one of our windows. I quickly grabbed my camera and got a couple of shots before they did the "turkey trot" and disappeared into the surrounding woods. The two snapshots below were what I was able to capture.

(Hmmm! Maybe I should start staying home and run up & down the stairs for exercise, while keeping a watchful eye on the views from each of the windows along the "route"!):rolleyes::)

P1010462.JPG

P1010465.JPG