Caw! Caw! A visit to the Crows

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Rankin

Reaction score
We joined Joe Cedar, Mrs. Cedar, Ajtiv, Snickers and Bushwacker for a short jaunt up the Crows. The trail pretty much starts behind the Cedar residence, but you can get there from Crow Clearing as well, just a short walk up from where the plow turns around on Hurricane Road.

Since it was crystal clear, and Snickers was hiking with us, I figured I'd better layer up right from the start! :D It turned out we moved along at a pretty good clip, in spite of the numerous gear changes we all needed for lack of snow, snow again, too hot, too cold, etc. In no time at all we were getting Great views of the Great Range, and more. Joe said there were 28 high peaks visible from the top, and we counted 26, with numerous ADKHH, etc. visible as well. I think we got our money's worth! :D

Pics:

A nice slice of the Great Range

c1.jpg

Marcy (Haystack?) Basin Saddleback

c2.jpg

Dix, Dial and his friends, and Nippletop, with Noonmark in the foreground

c3.jpg

The gang, with a sucky view, and don't ask me what Brian was doing! :eek:

c4.jpg

Sentinels, with Street and Nye in the distance

c5.jpg

Cascade and Porter with the tip of Big Slide

c6.jpg

Hurricane Fire Tower close up

c7.jpg

A great 'drive home day' hike! :)

Even though it is my backyard, I must say, the views that day were outstanding--simply breathtaking.

Crows are a great hike !
After competing the 46, I attended Spencer's 5th adk outing.
Everyone wanted to do a 46 but me so, even though, I was solo, Got to see Catamount, Amperstand, Pitchoff, the Crows and the Jays.
No complains here...:)
So much to see !
Good stuff !