Maine 6 pack Road Conditions

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HockeyPuck

Reaction score
I'm curious about road conditions in the 6 pack region of Maine. Anybody been to this area recently?

Is Cupsuptic pond accessible and how are road conditions?

Is the logging road to White Cap / Kennebago / Boundary accessible?

Can Boundary be reached from the clear cut to the east? Is Canada Rd driveable?

Thanks in advance

canada rd

We attemted to drive down the canada rd from coburn gore to get to COP Snow about three weeks ago it had not been plowed recently (though it may have been at some earlier time in the winter) , looked to have seen only snowmobile traffic and was otherwise narrow (barely a car width wide) had 6 inches of packed snow over glaze ice...if we had had chains it might have been do-able but woe unto you if you met something coming the other way!

otherwise have not been to rangeley area or attempted to drive Tim pond or Wiggle brook or Lincoln cut-off since new years day.

I believe that area is forecast to get 12-18" in the nor'easter tonight & tomorrow.

Keep in mind, this is the beginning of mud season and any gravel road is apt to be miserable if not impassable. I hear everyone in Maine leaves town this time of year so you'll have the place to yourself.