Would you like some peanut butter and jelly on your bread next time?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J&J

Reaction score
Early Sunday morning (April 3) my wife, June, threw out some old bread for the birds to eat. Well, we had an unexpected visitor that came for the bread. A Fisher.

I quickly grabbed my camera and stealthily took some pictures from inside the house as the Fisher wandered about after the bread. It made three separate appearances over the next 1/2 hour.

It was quite the treat to have such a close up view of the Fisher, at one point it was no more than three feet away from me, with only a glass door separating us.

Another great sighting!

John

P1000326.JPG

P1000374.JPG

P1000379.JPG

P1000400.JPG

P1000412.JPG

WOW those are the awesome pictures, I love the first one with the teeth showing,magnificent.

Those are great pics. The first one says it all - look at the size of those lower incisors. And those claws are always out, like a bear's. No wonder they're such an awesome predator.

Have only ever seen one once, and that was on a winter hiking trip into Baxter. One paralleled us for a few hundred yards as neared the cabin we'd rented. IIRC, I think Blue saw it too.

Really nice pictures. I've had several close encounters. A small one was trying to get after my cat and I literally chased him out of the backyard into the woods. He ran then jumped into the trees and was gone in a flash. I've tracked them many times in my back woods. Thanks for sharing!

Wow! Sweet photos!
Kevin --- Fisher's have claws that are semi-retractable. They need them for climbing and handling prey, but they also are able to pull them in to keep them sharp as well.

Great timing for you...a few years ago I was sitting, resting with my back on aa huge root blowdown, while on an early spring walk in the woods of Milan NH...suddenly I heard a commotion to my left and just as I glanced down, a snowshoe hare was running for his life..right over my left boot..and a fisher cat was a few feet behind him..I waited a few and followed, but gave up after seeing it was going to be a long tracking session..maybe all the way to Manchester for opening day of the baseball season...maybe not that, but the first part is true...

Amazing! Great shots! I will say that I'd only want to be this close with at least that glass door in between though. Ornery little critters.

Awesome! Great photos. Thanks for sharing.

Wow! How lucky!

I've never seen a fisher in real life but have seen pine martens on three occasions.
-vegematic

Simply awesome photos! Thanks John for posting, and thanks June for tossing the bread into your yard!
As I'd indicated in a similar thread, sometimes you get better views of wildlife just by staying at home!;):)

Great pics. Thanks for posting them. :)