Brown Recluse Spider

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had an encounter with a brown recluse in North Carolina 20 plus years ago and still have a divot in my arm to show for it. Those things will ruin your whole day.

You ever here of winter spiders? One sunny day sitting on the snow at about 3800ft in NH, I felt a pinch/sting. I looked down and saw many black spiders crawling on the snow, many having found thier way into my clothing!!!! I was bit at least 10 times, I stripped, did a body search, then summited. The bites later became painfull enough that my shirt rubbing on them caused intense pain for about 2 weeks.

You ever here of winter spiders? One sunny day sitting on the snow at about 3800ft in NH, I felt a pinch/sting. I looked down and saw many black spiders crawling on the snow, many having found thier way into my clothing!!!! I was bit at least 10 times, I stripped, did a body search, then summited. The bites later became painfull enough that my shirt rubbing on them caused intense pain for about 2 weeks.

I wonder if the spiders had been (yuck :eek:) in your clothing, hatched, and decided they weren't going to be a winter hikers?