Rattlesnakes in Holderness

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DiamondRidge

Reaction score
Hey Lakes Region hikers - Anyone know if the Rattlesnake area trails are still closed? We went over that way last weekend only to find them closed - would like to get over there this weekend if they're open.
Thanks ahead of time for the info!
-DR

Facebook proved to be faster - the trails are indeed still closed :(

Now that would have been an active thread!

There's a crop of Timber Rattlers over near Rutland VT though.

Man, when I saw this title, I thought you were saying there are rattlesnakes found in Holderness!

At one time there were several rattlesnake colonies in NH including Wantastiquet, but most have quietly disappeared over the years

There is still one which F&G keeps secret to avoid extirpation, so I can't say if it's Holderness or not :)

The rattlesnake place near Rutland VT had a geocache moved by managers as the hider accidentally located it in a prime rattlesnake hangout

The rattlesnake place near Rutland VT had a geocache moved by managers as the hider accidentally located it in a prime rattlesnake hangout

Woo... That would have been quite the suprise to find a snake instead of a tupperware... EEK!:eek: