Carr Mountain via Carr Mtn Tr on 4/17/2011

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tomoko

Reaction score
Date of Hike: 04/17/2011

Trail Conditions:
Carr Moutanin Trail (hike in & out): Trailhead was very muddy. No traction is needed. Once we started hiking, trail goes along with Clifford Brook. Around 2800 ft elevation point, we wore snowshoes to reach to the summit of Carr Mountain (3453 ft). We wanted to traverse hike which means we would liked to hike out toward to Stinson Lake which is East side of Carr Mtn, but, we were told this East side of Trail is extremely muddy in this season from someone who is familiar with this trail. So we just did 6 miles RT hike. Carr Mountain is in the "NH 52 View list". Of course, we enjoyed beatifiul views from the summit of Carr Mountain and we didn't meet any hikers. Carr Mountain was reserved for 2 of us on 4/17/2011. :D

On the way to return, we took a short distance mileage trail to stop by Waternomee Falls. It was nice small waterfalls....
In summer time, hikers may want to jump in Clifford Brook to cool down.

Special Equipment Required: I used Snowshoes. Although I carried Microspikes, I didn't use it at all.

Comments: The parking lot wasn't totally clear since the mileage info at the road doesn't totally matching to what AMC WhiteMtn Guidebook says.
The very small parking lot (which can have 3-4 cars at max) is at the right hand side on Clifford Brook Road right after passing small bridge by crossing Clifford Brook. You park your car over there, and walk further on Clifford Brook Road until you reach to the trailhead blaze. Before the trailhead, you see one home at your left. You're not supposed to park your car over there near this home and trailhead even if there are some parking spaces since it's probably their private property.

Happy Trails,
Tomoko

Last edited: