Giant and Rocky Ridge Peak from "Giant's Washbowl from Roaring Brook Tr" on 5/20/2011

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tomoko

Reaction score
Giant and Rocky Ridge Peak from "Giant's Washbowl from Roaring Brook Tr" on 5/20/2011

Date of Hike: 5/20/2011

Trail Conditions: Some sections were muddy on Tr-50: Giant's Washbowl from Roaring Brook Trail, but, it was not so terrible. Hike-in on this trail is relatively easy because of a lot of switchback. Although it was raining time to time, we had some sun shine, especially we were on ledges. So we had nice view from there. There were some ice and snow at higher elevation, however, there was no need to put on Microspikes. We left snowshoes in the cars to lighten our backpack and there was no need during entire hike.
After reaching Giant's summit, we started hike-out which required cautious because rocks are all wet and slippery. The trail, "Giant from E (via Rocky Peak Ridge)" is very steep descent and it took long time to reach the col before reaching Rocky Peak.

It was not a long distance hike (a bit less than 10miles RT hike), but, I was tired after the hike. Maybe because of rain or because of sun shine...but...I always feel ADK High Peaks Hike is challenging than WHITES/NH hike.

Special Equipment Required: I did NOT use any winter traction.

Happy Hiking, :)
Tomoko