Bye-bye Pressie Traverse

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mats Roing

Reaction score
Cast in order of appearance:

Frodo
Mats Roing
Mtnpa
Tim Seaver

Cast members who we were supposed to meet on the ridge but decided to go over Clay and therefore we bypassed each other: Abster, 7Summits, Nif, Kim, Mardy, Cruddy Toes and Sue

Now it's Sunday morning and the number of eager hikers had decreased drastically overnight......not an uncommon theme at Barnes Field :D

Mtnpa was the first one on the trail at 5:30am. Frodo and I started out on Crawford Path at 7:15am. Tim Seaver was unfortunately unaware of our decision to go from the south instead of from Appalachia so he waited on the north side for a while before heading up Valley Way.

Frodo and I about half hour into the hike:
IMG_0709.JPG

Da Swede with Ike in the background:
IMG_0710.JPG

Frodo heading towards Monroe about 2.5 hrs into the hike:
IMG_0711.JPG

Here comes Mtnpa who also summited the other Monroe summit:
IMG_0713.JPG

With Mtnpa outside Lake of the Clouds.....
IMG_0716.JPG

Frodo bouncing up Washington:
IMG_0718.JPG

And now time for hot dogs and pizza!
IMG_0720.JPG

Frodo had to be in Boston by 6pm so he went down Jewell Trail and I continued on my own......soon thereafter I ran into the man who got me into VFTT to begin with - Tim Seaver! And he was the last familiar face I saw in the mountains on this last hike in the Whites for some time.......
IMG_0722.JPG

Jefferson was void of people all together....and then up to Adams....where I had company with a nice woman from Canada who took this last picture on the summit of Adams......bye-bye.....
IMG_0730.JPG

At 5pm I was down by Appalachia and actually ran into Tim Seaver again close to Twin Mountain where he tried his hitch-hiking luck.....and he was lucky.....and so was I who got another 20 minutes with one of the nicest hikers I know.....

And the day finished on the deck of the Mountainhouse with Mtnmama and Mtnpa and a hummingbird. It was a beautiful sunset.....and the bird soon took off to the west.......
IMG_0736.JPG
IMG_0735.JPG

Last edited:
Awwww....what a nice way to spend your time here. You have certainly left your own mark on the Whites.

Perhaps VfTT needs to set up a special forum called "Out West" where we can see The Adventures of The Swede 24x7 ?:)

sorry i missed you on mt washington... i got to the top at 12:30 looking for you..

Look at all the hugs you missed out on by going around Clay...we thought for sure you'd go over it. Sorry to have missed you but at least we got to have lunch with you on Saturday.

Frodo was carrying the ring so we got there an hour earlier...... ;)

Will he have the strength to cast it into the volcano when his moment of destiny arrives?
And what will be the fate of the rest of the Fellowship...

Last edited:
Hey Mats,
Sorry I had to miss this but my Grandson wanted to have a Birthday Party that day for some reason...hmmm ;)

Glad you got in one last fun hike...sure hope to see you before you leave!!!
Hugs!!!:D