Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babe who?

Babe who?

OK...it's 11:30 and I just woke up. For a little while I thought that I just had the best dream ever last night. The dream went like this: first the Sox were down 0-3 to the Evil Empire, then they came back and won 4 straight and even won the last two right in New Yawk, then on to the World Series where they swept another 4 straight games. I really thought it was some dream, but then I saw the empty champagne bottle. It was a bottle that I had been saving for over 12 years. I'd been saving it for something really special. I almost popped it the first time the Pats won it all, but I didn't. I knew I should save it for something even bigger. Well, this was it. I have a bit of a hangover, but believe me, a headache is better than heartache.

1918 - 2004. Finally. I've been watching for over 20 years and I now have a huge sense of relief. But 20 years is nothing. I am so glad that my father was able to see it. He was born in the 20's and used to go to games when it cost a quarter for a bleacher seat. 70 some years. Wow. That is a lot of games. My 20 must seem like nothing to him and now he's finally seen the Sox pull it off. Thank God.

Yah this thread is off topic. But one off topic thread in 86 years is ok by me.

THANK YOU, RED SOX!

- darren

An off topic thread started by Darren! Guess this one will stay around :>

It's a dream come true that most New England fans have had all of their lives. Not much work getting done today - everyone is celebrating!

1,997 - 1,998 - 1,999...; Home: Topshizzum, ME
    This thread is truly off topic, and, quite frankly, I'm appalled.

We should be discussing things like the lunar eclipse.

"You must go and you must ramble through every briar and bramble till your life is in a shambles. Maybe then you will know. You were born to blunder, born to wander, born to wonder. Even when you’re six feet under, there’s a place that you must go." - John Hiatt

sn0m8n.blogspot.com

Time for forgiving

I guess I can finally forgive them for 1967....

Quote Originally Posted by darren
    1918 - 2004. Finally. I've been watching for over 20 years and I now have a huge sense of relief. But 20 years is nothing. I am so glad that my father was able to see it. He was born in the 20's and used to go to games when it cost a quarter for a bleacher seat. 70 some years. Wow. That is a lot of games. My 20 must seem like nothing to him and now he's finally seen the Sox pull it off. Thank God.

THANK YOU, RED SOX!
    My Mom has also been waiting and watching for most of the last 86 years. What a trip to call her at midnight last night to celebrate!
    -vegematic, idiot for over 30 years.
    If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat

Quote Originally Posted by trailbiscuit
    This thread is truly off topic, and, quite frankly, I'm appalled.

Last night someone said let's go out and look at the moon and I replied I've seen lunar and solar eclipses, once-a-century comets, man land on the moon, volcanoes explode and nations fall but I've never seen a Red Sox World series victory.
    Now I have truly seen something unique.

What a wonderful, wonderful night. For anyone that has ever loved the Red Sox just a little bit, only to see them falter, it was redemption.

Over at a Red Sox Board (very much like this one), someone started a thread after the Yankees went up 3-0 on the Sox. It went from a simple dedication to a virtual history of Red Sox fans. You can check it out here:

http://p086.ezboard.com/fsonsofsamho...tart=1&stop=20

There are lots of very good dedications and memroies and stories on the thread. Some of them might even make you a bit weepy. But this was my overall favorite so far (there are over 50 pages of posts, afterall):

Win it for everyone who believes in a curse in their daily life, everyone who believes that tendency is the same as truth. Win it for all of us who struggle with addiction, or those us for have left lovers before we could get too close and fail, and all of us who have ever given in to the trends of our lives. Win it to prove that history does not dictate the future. Win it for everyone who needs faith and hope to believe that failure is never inevitable when confronted with perseverance and loyalty.

THANK YOU RED SOX!!!!!!!!!!!

Wait 'til next year ... Oh NO! I'm starting to sound like a Sox fan. The axis has tipped!
    Not all who wander are lost...

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."
    - Leonardo da Vinci

Alpinista's Pix

jade
    Remember 1967, the Conigliaros, Yaz and the Impossible Dream? That's the last time I watched the Sox......although I did sneak a few peaks, oops, I mean peeks last night. WORLD Series? How silly and arrogant.....GO SOX!!

From the heart of the evil empire, it has not always been the easiest to "keep the faith". I did, and am greatful. Thanks you RED SOX, and thank Darren for one small deviation .
    "The forest is the poor man's overcoat. " Old Northeastern Proverb
    visit adkhighpeaks.com FORUMS

Quote Originally Posted by trailbiscuit

Coincidence?

I think NOT!

If I brought up dogs could I get this thread Yankeed, oops I mean Yanked?
    Congrats to all you Sox fans! It is just a shame the poor kids growing up in New England from now on will never get to experience being a Sox fan the same way all of you did.

Congrats to the sox fans, Wait until next year, Yanks salary will top $1 Billion!

Dartmouth, Nova Scotia - Avatar: Lion Head trail

Red Sox Nation

Don't forget how far north Red Sox nation extends.

My dad (also born in the 1920s-Halifax, Nova Scotia) has been a Red Sox fan his entire life. He also became partial to the Expos and recently said that a Red Sox victory would ease the pain of seeing the Expos depart for a more southerly venue.

I'm sure he will be phoning tonight now that the long wait is over.

Cheers

Will us Yankee fans be allowed to create a thread next year when the scales get tipped back????