Babe who?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, THIS is the October surprise we've been waiting for! Thank you SOX!

KZKlimber said:
OK - just 23 more to catch up to the Yankees!!!!!!

:rolleyes:

Actually KZ, it's only 17 (this is sox #6) and in reality, to TOTALLY catch up to the Yankees we'd have to throw 1 colossal, all-time, for the ages choke job in there too. ;)

But look on the bright side, there's always NEXT YEAR, or the year after that :eek:

All in good fun though, right .... :D

Last edited:
I......... humbly tip my Yankee cap to a-hem, (come on, you can do it) the Boston Red Sox, and to all of the.... (be strong man, be strong) Sox fans who created history by beating the...... (just think happy thoughts, happy thoughts) Yankees for the AL pennant after being down 3-0, then sweeping the Cardinals to wawawawa.....win the the the(hyperventilating) .........................................2004 World Series

Congratulations, the best team won...

(lying on floor in fetal position)

AIG

The Yankees "LOS(s)T" and the Red Sox "FOUND" a way to win. ;)

Seriously though, all Non-Red Sox fans should be leashed and under the owners control at all times and rabid Red Sox fans can run around freely. And please..no comments....you never met my Red Sox fan...he wouldn't hurt anyone!! ;) ;) :D ;)

Growing up in North Jersey, I watched the Yankees and Mets win like a dozen times (Yawn..) Now that the Sox have won, and I live within rioting distance of Fenway, I wonder... What's next for Sox fans? Where can all that anger be channelled? The Sox are destined now to be "just another" MLB team like the Mahhlins, so VFTTers from NJ/NY/MA/CT/RI/VT/NH etc. should join together and send in those postcards in the recent AMC Outdoors to the White Mountain Forest Planning Team.

Besides, what would be better then a Pedro-Don Zimmer Death ReMatch on a well-maintained Kate Sleeper Trail in the year 2090? :eek:

I have to say, I'm a very dissapointed and embarrassed by the Yankees. But, I do have to say congrats to the Sox, it was a win well deserved.

I think I'll become a Dodger fan again, at least I know what to expect. Or does that take some of the fun out of it?

"Actually KZ, it's only 17 (this is sox #6) "

Uh, Mavs...

26-6=20

Nice try though. And while we are on the subject, you still think like a Sox fan...concerning the "choke job" by the Yankees, instead of the incredible comeback by the Sox. I guess old habits are hard to break.

Being a life long Yankee fan, I say congratulations to the Red Sox for a great season and for finally getting the monkey off of their back. I think this is great for baseball.

What I think is bad for baseball is the continued bad blood that I hear from the fans. To me, that's just bad form and poor sportsmanship. Maybe some people could care less about the sportsmanship 'cause they're so focused on frustration and/or retribution. I was always taught never to rub a loss in the loser's face because in the next game they could do it to you. Remember, there's only one thing worse than a sore loser and that's a sore winner.

So, to steal one of your former lines; Wait 'til next year! :) ;) :D :rolleyes: :p

JohnL

Mets 1986, they are due again soon.

mavs00 said:
.... and in reality, to TOTALLY catch up to the Yankees we'd have to throw 1 colossal, all-time, for the ages choke job in there too. ;)
..... :D

Remember Buckner....1986? You already had the big choke ;)

Come on Frodo.
Hold your head up high.
You can do it.
Remember, you've still got the Jets.

D'OH !!

Congrats to ALL the Sox Fan, to win 7 in a row to take the crown was a Great job. The Curse my be over, but could it be a short reprive? Ever since the Yanks made the announcement that they were going to tear down "The House That Ruth Built" and replace it accross the street with a new stadium...... WHAM-O, we go into a dive and lose 3 IN A ROW! I plan on sending a letter to George to point this out. I'm sure he will look to refurbish it to avoid and 86 year dry spell

Bob Smith said:
Congrats to ALL the Sox Fan, to win 7 in a row to take the crown was a Great job. The Curse my be over, but could it be a short reprive? Ever since the Yanks made the announcement that they were going to tear down "The House That Ruth Built" and replace it accross the street with a new stadium...... WHAM-O, we go into a dive and lose 3 IN A ROW! I plan on sending a letter to George to point this out. I'm sure he will look to refurbish it to avoid and 86 year dry spell

They actually won 8 in a row...most in the same postseason EVER...hopefully they can keep that streak alive :D

maineguy said:
"Actually KZ, it's only 17 (this is sox #6) "

Uh, Mavs...

26-6=20

Nice try though. And while we are on the subject, you still think like a Sox fan...concerning the "choke job" by the Yankees, instead of the incredible comeback by the Sox. I guess old habits are hard to break.

20 it is then..... :) And.... As good my beloved SOX are, I wish it was just that they "came back" from the dead on pure skill alone. Reality tells me that, without a healthy dose of "total breakdown" on the part of the other team, NOONE should be able to come back from 3 outs till a sweep in a 7 game series (even the Expos could close that door) :eek:.

And for the record, I apologize for my eariler rant, I just got annoyed to have someone jump into this thread to quote Yankee Stats. Perhaps cuz I'm here in NY, and it's all I've heard for the last week. That was poor form on my part, so forgive me. To Frodo, Spencer, Peak_bgr and the others, thanks for the kinds words from the other side. I'm sure we'll continue our lively rivalry next year. Have fun with D-Lowe, he's NY bound for sure :(

Oh yeah, Imerchant, DENIAL is more than a river in Africa ;)

Last edited:
"I was always taught never to rub a loss in the loser's face because in the next game they could do it to you. Remember, there's only one thing worse than a sore loser and that's a sore winner."

Give me a break. We've been dealing with the sorest of winners for eight decades. For the first time we finally get a chance to give it back, and we're told to be gracious?
:confused: