Babe who?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok, ok, ok I admit it ... I DIDN'T make it to the parade and spent my
entire morning and early afternoon fixated on the TV wishing I had gone.

I know you are going to use the phrase, "but what kind of fan are you?" but I just couldn't see driving from southern NH at 6 am to wait in cold rain with 3 million fans. I was glad to see it on TV because they showed all of the pre parade player interviews and the priceless quote of Mayor Menino, "Gentlemen, start your ducks."

I made the parade as well. I want to personally thank Mayor Menino and all the fans who heeded his advice to take public transportation. My wife and decided to go at the last second and the drive from Canton to Charlestown was just under 10 minutes (a new record).

The players were tremendous. Despite 3 hours+, they gave ALL the fans, at every interersection, choke point, roof top and corner a huge thank you.

The crowd was extremely well-behaved IMHO. Did see a few knuckleheads but the police were on them quick.

I'd have to say the rally for the 81 Celtics rates a little higher IMO. Of course I was a star eyed 14 year old at the time...

Save those Heralds and Globes for the Grand Kids. ;)

Drove down from NH Friday night...stayed with friends in Brighton...Took the T early on Sat to Copley...Waited for 2 1/2 hours, and then cheered a lot...Made it down to the River...Cheered more...Did not jump in.

It was awesome and well worth it! Can't wait for 2090! (Did I say that?)

Blue said:
I was glad to see it on TV because they showed all of the pre parade player interviews and the priceless quote of Mayor Menino, "Gentlemen, start your ducks."

The quote was "Ladies and gentlemen, mount your ducks, and let the parade begin!"

I watched on TV, too. I went to the first Patriot's parade but I just couldn't see being in a crowd that large.

"Wait til next year" has a whole new meaning.

-dave-

Hey Darren, nice headers at the top of the page! Save a copy of the Herald and Globe? Heck, we can't get them out here, they're sold out. The parade must have been something, I'm sure people were packed into the 'T' like sardines.

During the eighth inning of Game 4, Joe Buck made a comment about how this WS victory would be for the generations of Sox fans who have passed on, and never got to see this moment. Had a tear in my eye, cause it made me think of my Dad and my Grandfathers who never got to experience this. That is what makes this victory the major news event of the year in these parts. It's probably hard for a non-member of the Nation to understand that.

Ok, what if I got a new puppy, named him Jeter, and let him poop all over the trails. Now can this thread be stopped! Again I'm just kidding but did want to share this story. Actually, I'm a Mets fan (all sorts of issues with that i know) but the funny part is how I became a Mets fan. Both of my parents are from Vermont. Dad was a Sox fan and mom was a Yankee fan. They moved to upstate New York before I was born and being the rebel I didn't want to align with either of them so... The Mets. Well last year during the ACLS my maternal grandfather passed away ( he actually died with the Sox winning). He was a huge Sox fan but because he was born in 1919 he never saw his team win. All year my mother (the Yankee fan) said this was the Sox year and she became a Sox fan (flip flopping like some other New Englander) Look Darren politics! Now can this thread be stopped? I couldn't bring myself to cheer for them while they were playing but now that it is over I find myself happy for all you Sox fans and saddened that my father and grandfather didn't last long enough to see it. So again have fun with your win!

Re: Bison County vs. Jake's

Good food at both if you're into BBQ ... I generally lean to Jake's and my wife really loved their salmon dinner and she's not even a big salmon fan. Bison County may have better capacity depending upon how many of us planned to attend and what night it was.

Holy Cow - I'll actually be in Portland that weekend, with my mom, sister, her kids, etc.

I don't think I would see Moe (no Moe! no Moe!), but would be up for dinner.

Hey, a Portland Beer Night/mini-Gathering????? :p

How about starting a new thread on it? I'll do what I can to make it.

Oops! :rolleyes:

(edit) Saw Blue's reply about being in Portland and didn't look close enough!

Arm, are you still doing Portsmouth Nov. 13? If so, count me in. (If I can read clearly enough to find my way there!!!)

Last edited:
For those in the Boston area contemplating a barstool or dinner gathering, partly to honor the Sox and mourn the end of the Patriots old streak (new streak = 1), I proposed Jakes Dixie Roadhouse (BBQ) in Waltham. They can accomodate, with enough notice, our 2 dozen or so would be no problem, they have a room that'll handle it. It does get booked up this time of year. On Fri and Sat nights the band starts at 10.

Me and some of my people are having a "Sox" celebration/gathering on November 15 in Rochester, NY area. As we are technically inside the "evil empire", details are closely held :cool:

PM me if interested. The nation is bigger than you know ;)

Last edited:
The World Series Trophy was in Great Barrington on Sunday. There were'nt any famous personallities attached to it, but that's still kinda cool.

Tim, I think you may need a pretty strong security contingent for your bash. I'd hate to see an insurection from the local 'Steinemites', that would be tragic!

I also like Ri Ra's, 72 Commercial St or Bull Feeney's 375 Fore St... that
being said, at Molly's it is somewhat easily to have a conversation - RiRa's is quite loud.

OK, so how about Molly's in portLAND? 6:00?

Maybe we can get some of the other Portland folks to show up!

You all missed the premier performance of Adrian at the Comedy Connection in Portland last weekend. That was were it was happening.(personal opinion) I think I might be able to make Molly's. I live in most of my life in the one square mile area you guys are talking about. Well except for my hiking expeditions on the weekends.

Adrian