Mem Day rain?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rup

Reaction score
Decided against hiking the Wts or Maine for the holiday to test drive the hip due to rain. Please tell me I was correct. MtWash.org indicates I am OK.

Sorry, but I'd say incorrect and wrong move. Possible isolated storms aren't plan enders.

It was a pretty nice day up here today. Appears tomorrow will be as well. Let the summer begin!

Last edited:
Tell yourself you weren't hiking because you were letting the trails dry out. There has been tons of rain the last few days in the region, including last night. Although it is sunny right now (but hazy) in the Champlain islands, I have to believe the trails are all very wet with the record setting precip for the spring so far. It is certainly not can't miss weather. I have stuck to running and staying near home this weekend. Get well.

Last edited:
sorry to say.....weather was nice all weekend...rain on friday night and rain last night,
Today it's perfect up here. Hot and sunny.
Yesterday clouds in n out but nice!

(Friday afternoon)
"Do you know about clouds?"

"What about them?"

"Well, what are those ones over there called?"

"Those are cumulus. Most definitely."

(a bit later)
"What does it mean when they get taller like that all of a sudden?"

"Oh, a good chance of showers."

(A bit later)
"Are they getting darker?"

"That's just because we're underneath them now."

(A bit later)
"Wow, that approaching rain is really loud!"

"Ow, my head! That's not rain, that's hail!"

Got a serious drenching and some impressive lightning strikes that evening; it rained again Saturday night but weather was OK during the day.

Last edited:
Friday evening, a storm went through Twin Mountain with incredible lightning overhead, thunder that literally shook things on shelves, and quarter-inch diameter hail that made a distressing number of "plink" sounds bouncing off my car.