Terra and Blue's Excellent Adventure ~warning: for trail dog lovers~

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

una_dogger

Reaction score
When I woke up Sunday it was clear to me that I was going to go somewhere! My Mom and Dad had pulled thier backpacks out and were making yummy food and putting it in plastic ziplock bags. I was sure it was all for me. :)

I jumped in the back of the truck and we zoomed out of the campground. Mom is always really excited when we are going places with the backpacks and she drives real fast. I like it because my ears fly in the breeze as we go zooming by.

Once when Mom was zooming by another car drove up behind us and flashed all sorts of colored lights. Mom stopped and talked with a man I never saw before, and this caused us to be late getting to the trail head, but that was not the case today, because Dad was in the truck, and that always makes Mom zoom slow.

Five minutes after we left the campground, we pulled into the trail head and there were all Mom's friends who like to feed me yummy treats. My second best person friend is Jeremy and he said that Mom is always late even though she is the closest to the trail head.

Today was going to be a very special day, because when I jumped out of the truck, I saw him....<blush>...Blue. :rolleyes: Blue is very handsome but I try not to make a big fuss. So I said Hi to Jeremy first. :D

ry%3D480

Then I pretended to notice Blue. But only a little. He's pretty hard to resist.

ry%3D400

I knew because I'd been to this trailhead before, that we were going to a place called Garfield. Blue said he had never been there before, so I told him to just stick with me.

ry%3D480

This time, after we were almost there, we went on a secret path that Mom had never taken me on before. It was easy for me and Blue to follow but Mom and the others seemed to have trouble getting over and around things. Pretty soon, we came out to this really great swimming hole, where I swam AND found a really great stick that was just <believe it or not> just lying there on the ground unclaimed!!!:eek:

ry%3D480

When we got to the summit of Garfield Mountain, Dad was so proud of Blue and me that he gave us treats. There were organic jerky treats that Mom makes Dad feed me, but the ones I like the best are the salty cheap ones that Jeremy gives me. They are soooo good! I wish I could have those kind every day.:)

ry%3D480

A couple more times today, we went to places on secret paths. Sometimes there wasn't a path that I could see, but we kept going any how. One of the places was really boring and I am not sure why we went there but it looked like everyone just went there to write a letter. I guess someday a mail man is going to come and get the letter. I wish I could be there then, because there is nothing I like more than barking at the mail man.

Later we came to a place that I know very well and its a place I like alot because it has the best sleeping porch in the White Mountains. I think Blue really liked it too, because he laid down for a real long nap.

ry%3D400

I like porch sleeping with at least one eye open...you never know when the mail man might come by.

All my Peeps took their backpacks off, so I worked the crowd for treats. I think Blue got the idea, because he started doing it too.

ry%3D400

to be continued....

Last edited:
Part II

I could tell it was getting to be that time of day, when the sun gets low, and we start our walk back. I took one last look before heading off my favorite sleeping porch.

ry%3D400

I really like that view.

ry%3D480

Some people say that dogs don't think that much, but its simply not true. I think alot about how much I love my Mom and Dad and all our friends. I think about sticks alot, too. And treats. And cats. And squirrels. There's so much to think about. Sometimes though, I don't think about anything. I just feel grateful for the life I have and that my Mom has been bringing me on walks in the mountains for all my 8 people years.

Before we got back to the car, I took my traditional swim. Mom really likes it when I do, because it helps keep truck clean.

ry%3D400

The End

In attendance: MichaelJ, Rocket21, Bryan, Linda and Blue, Jeb, Michael, Una_dogger and Terra the Trail Dog.

Peaks: Garfield, East and West Garfield, Galehead

Last edited:
Awwwwww.....that just made my day.
Give Terra a good rubbing behind the ears and a treat for me. Not just any treat, give her one of those Jeremey treats that she loves. :)

Do we have the start of another dog and the mountains book here?

Priceless! Terra is quite the author. She and Blue obviously had one fantastic day - just look at those expressions! :) :) :)

Great report Terra - Its always fun to read about the mountains from a different perspective :)

Get Mom to give you some extra scratches from the ponies and me!

Hey terra if I could hike I would hike with you. My legs are not strong enough, maybe its the Lyme disease, Im not sure, but man can you hike. Im a truck dog, been all over the U.S. riding in my dads truck, Im lucky I can still look at those big mountains from my favorite seat. Keep them stories coming I love to read about your adventures on the trails. ceya for now, I got to run, my dad just grabbed the truck keys, yehaaaaaaaaaa.;) Sierra

Great read, terra. I'll dog ear this page for future reference.

... am I to infer that you're ... ummmm ... falling in love with blue? Well, I'll be doggone! You owe your peeps big for the introduction and the memorable photos ... big slurpy kisses on their noses should do ... strangers especially like that, too.

Stay tuned later this fall for the

Adventures
of Terra and Pemi

ASCA/AKC Solis Dream of Pemigawassett Wilderness

who will be coming home to meet her big sister in August.:D:):D

Last edited:
From Blue to Terra

Terra,
I had no idea you felt this way! :p OK, so I’m a guy… hit me on the head with a brick a few times… :D BUT REALLY, who would believe a short, stocky dude like me could attract the attention of a lass with your exquisite beauty and grace?? You’re like a Gazelle… or should I say Cougar? :eek: Now it’s me who blushes. I like the pic of our tails touching on the porch the best! ;)
Te Amo, Terra.
Blue
PS… can’t wait to meet Pemi! :)

How can you not like a 'tail' like that. ;)

:eek: It sounds so crude when you put it that way! Looks like I need to teach Blue the finer points of courting a lady like Terra. :eek:

Linda

its all about the tail, Lin..all about the tail...
ry%3D400

Ed -- we should all be so lucky, shouldn't we??? I would kill for her looks!

From the cutting room floor:

"wait, Blue, I think I heard a ziplock baggie open!"

ry%3D400

wicked loyal dog

ry%3D480

cute little snoozer

ry%3D480

I love to think of what the dogs might be thinking or impersonating what thier voice might sound like or what they would say if they could talk. Glad so many of you enjoyed reading a Trip Report from a different perspective. Thanks ever so much for you kind responses both here and in private.

Last edited: