Grid Finisher #18 on The Moose 6-4-11

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J&J

Reaction score
Today on Mt. Moosilauke, Steve Moore completed the Grid, becoming the 18th finisher. Steve was accompanied by 18 of his friends on a beautiful day for a hike. On the summit, Hiker Ed presented Steve with a well earned Grid patch.

Seven previous grid finishers were also in attendance: Ed Hawkins #2, Guy Jubinville #7, Jim Towle #8, Al Aldrich #12, Bill Marcotte #14, June Rogier and John Gutowski #16T.

After the return trip down, a small gathering ensued on Ravine Lodge Road where 40 hot dogs, condiments, potato chips and many PBR's were consumed.

Congratulations Steve on a fantastic achievement!

Steve being welcomed at the Moose summit.
P1050128.JPG

Steve being presented his patch by Ed.
P1050141.JPG

The paparazzi were out in full force for the big event.
P1050151.JPG

A beauty day for the big finish.
P1050154.JPG

Steve consumed 576 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches while pursuing the grid.
P1050158.JPG

On his big finish, Steve was accompanied by Ed, Charlie, Nancy, Jean, Al, Guy, Tim, Len, Bill, Bob, Mike L., Karen, Mike M., Paul, Jim, Jeb, June, John. Here we are heading down for grid dogs.
P1050173.JPG

The first round of grid dogs.
P1050184.JPG

Congratulations Steve!!!!
P1050152.JPG

Huge congrats and I am so happy to see that the arch of hiking poles has become tradition!

576 pbj's? Right on! Now that's fortitude!!!

Love the Grid Dogs! Promise me we can have Devil Dogs when I finish???

I'm always incredibly amazed by this accomplishment ... and Steve is one of the finer people that I've met roaming these hills. Congrats Steve!