First Cascade & Second Cascade via Loop Hike in Cascade and Castle Ravines: 07Jun2011

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1HappyHiker

Reaction score
First Cascade & Second Cascade via Loop Hike in Cascade and Castle Ravines: 07Jun2011

Trails Involved in 6.9 Mile Loop: Castle Trail; Israel Ridge Trail; The Link; Castle Ravine Trail.

Trail Conditions:

Castle Trail (up to the junction with the Israel Ridge Trail): Generally in good shape. The crossing of the Israel River near the beginning of the trail was doable, but the tops of many of the stepping stones were underwater.

Israel Ridge Path (up to the Second Cascade): Several blowdowns of varying sizes, but each could be negotiated in one manner or another. All the brook crossings were doable, but many of the stepping stones were underwater. Fortunately, I had waterproofed my boots before leaving home!

The Link (between Israel Ridge Path and Castle Ravine Trail): This trail had many, many blowdowns, some of which were massive and require a short bushwhack to work around.

Castle Ravine Trail (between The Link and Israel Ridge Path): Several blowdowns of varying sizes, but each could be negotiated in one manner or another. All the brook crossings were doable, but many of the stepping stones were underwater.

My BLOG has some photos taken during my hike, plus has some additional narrative.

Last edited: