Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Parking tickets issued at Lincoln Woods

Quote Originally Posted by Jim lombard View Post
    I'm going to mail the ticket along with $3.00 to Jim Hill at the ranger service in Campton. I'll also include a note with some explaination. Lets hope that is the end of this story.
    I would be surprised if your explanation would hold any sway; but they might decide just to drop it so as not to spend any more time on it. I can not imagine an urban parking fine being excused because you tell them you were "in a hurry" and didn't want to take the time to put money in the meter (unless it was an emergency situation).

I don't enjoy taking the time to fetch those little envelopes, put $3 them, and slide them in the slots either; but I do. What is the point if other people get away with not paying just because they don't feel like taking the time? Hikers get enough guff from hunters, fishers, snowmobilers, and ATV users for supposedly not paying our fair share into the system. Why give them more ammunition by avoiding a little parking fee?
    "Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement."

Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
    I would be surprised if your explanation would hold any sway; but they might decide just to drop it so as not to spend any more time on it. I can not imagine an urban parking fine being excused because you tell them you were "in a hurry" and didn't want to take the time to put money in the meter (unless it was an emergency situation).

I don't enjoy taking the time to fetch those little envelopes, put $3 them, and slide them in the slots either; but I do. What is the point if other people get away with not paying just because they don't feel like taking the time? Hikers get enough guff from hunters, fishers, snowmobilers, and ATV users for supposedly not paying our fair share into the system. Why give them more ammunition by avoiding a little parking fee?
    As I said, they used to put the envelopes on the window as a friendly reminder and I would pay at the end of the day. At 4am we were in a hurry to get on the trail and I had every intention of paying at the end of the day. I would take the time and do it now for sure. I'm not thrilled with the parking fee but I pay it. Before I had children, I always bought a sticker, those days the hiking trips are fewer than before.

My purpose for starting this was to let others know that the Forest Service was charging $50 for a $3 rec fee. Kind of a shocker at the end of a day in the wilderness.
    But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.

http://www.onchristspath.com/4Kpage.html

Quote Originally Posted by Jim lombard View Post
    As I said, they used to put the envelopes on the window as a friendly reminder and I would pay at the end of the day.
    They ended that policy a while back, I think when it went from a demonstration program to a permanent program. It was a conscious decision to issue tickets instead.
    You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself, any direction you choose. -- Dr. Seuss

Quote Originally Posted by David Metsky View Post
    They ended that policy a while back, I think when it went from a demonstration program to a permanent program. It was a conscious decision to issue tickets instead.
    This ended well. I sent the $3.00 fee and the officer accepted that and tore up the $50 ticket. He said Lincoln Woods was exceptionally busy that day (July-4th weekend) and they had to turn people away. I got the impression that he didn't like to give the $50 tickets.
    But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.

http://www.onchristspath.com/4Kpage.html

Good news, Jim. Glad it ended well.

Glad it ended well, but...

The fact they let you do that just shows what a crock the fee system is. I haven't always thought so, I've always bought my pass like a good little boy. Even when looking around trailheads and half the cars show no passes and no tickets, and I'm the only sucker paying. Now, I'm second guessing buying my new annual pass more than ever (which I do on my way to Kezar Lake every July at the Saco ranger station.)

Apparently, it's pretty easy to pay only when caught with an "Oops, sorry I..." excuse.
    Last edited by TDawg; 07-14-2011 at 04:21 PM. Reason: punctuation, spelling

Quote Originally Posted by TDawg View Post
    Glad it ended well, but...

The fact they let you do that just shows what a crock the fee system is. I haven't always thought so, I've always bought my pass like a good little boy. Even when looking around trailheads and half the cars show no passes and no tickets, and I'm the only sucker paying. Now, I'm second guessing buying my new annual pass more than ever (which I do on my way to Kezar Lake every July at the Saco ranger station.)

Apparently, it's pretty easy to pay only when caught with an "Oops, sorry I..." excuse.
    I understand were you are coming from TDawg, When I look around and see nobody paying to park but $20 a year or $25 for two stickers is a small price to pay to park with out any fear of tow or fine and I am happy that my money is going to the national forest