Wildcat Ridge via Lost Pond, Wildcat Ridge, 19-Mile Brook Trails

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raven

Reaction score
Date of Hike: 3 July 2011

Trail Conditions:

Lost Pond Trail in good shape. Trail takes some care though with all the strewn boulders to navigate.

Wildcat Ridge Trail is in good shape up the steeps. There are muddy pits along the ridge although many have been covered with new bog bridges. Based on the timbers piled along the trail, more will be going in soon. I recall one step-over blowdown.

19-Mile Brook Trail is good. A few places could use brushing. Nice exit trail at the end of the day. One easy step over blowdown.

Special Equipment Required: Rain gear, pack cover (temps warm enough to skip the rain gear)

Comments: Rain fortunately held off for the most part until I reached the ridge, then it just got heavier as the day went on. I was pretty saturated for the road walk until a nice Mass couple turned around and let me jump in the truck bed about the time I got to the ski area. Thanks! I was too wet too even bother trying to hitch a ride!