Big Mansfield Circuit: Butler->LT->Sunset->CCC->Maple->Frost

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mirabela

Reaction score
What a way to see the mountain. The kids and I wanted to do something grand ... so we did. And I have a new favorite trail -- the Frost is an absolutely lovely open ridge walk.

268057_1660329807253_1807428599_1076999_6829789_n.jpg

If you know a better way to spend a day, please let us know.

you descended sunset then climbed back up to maple ridge? did you then climb maple ridge back to the top? if not, i am sorry to say i think you missed the best part. but a great hike and your kids are very strong.

@michaelb -- we didn't go all the way back up to the forehead (having already been there in the morning). I agree, the middle part of Maple Ridge is pretty great. My daughter has done the uppermost part (up the Wampahoofus) before; my son hasn't. Next time ... on the way down Frost they were talking through how nice it would be to go back up in autumn and check out a few of the trails they haven't done yet.

And yes, their energy is virtually limitless ... a lot of the adults in our acquaintance would have been pretty well done-in by the end of this hike, but when we stopped at a sandwich place afterward I had to pretty much pry them off of the playground, and when we stopped at their grandparents' for popsicles and coffee on the way home (you can guess who got which) they were bouncing off the walls. I'm a lucky dad.