overflow dolly copp campground parking

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roadtripper

Reaction score
Anybody have any recommendations on where to park just outside the Dolly Copp campground in the Whites? The limit per campsite is 2 cars and we are going to have 5 on a trip coming up soon because my group lives all over the place :rolleyes:

I was thinking maybe at the trailhead for Pine Mountain? Anywhere closer along Dolly Copp Rd? Might do the Imp trailhead as well.

If anyone in your group has a parking permit, you can put that car or those cars at the end near the creek in the spots for Nat'l Forest users.

Why not pinkham notch lodge. Safer then trailheads and I doubt they would notice. leaving your cars at trailheads for extented periods is asking for trouble imo. The amc camp is busy and safe, you would have to shuttle people buts its really not that far.

Why not pinkham notch lodge. Safer then trailheads and I doubt they would notice. leaving your cars at trailheads for extented periods is asking for trouble imo. The amc camp is busy and safe, you would have to shuttle people buts its really not that far.
Lowes store might be another good option--a small fee, but it is safe.

Doug

The amc camp is busy and safe, you would have to shuttle people buts its really not that far.
It's not that safe, and it's rude to tie up spaces there when the lot often overflows.

If you're just leaving them overnight and plan to fetch them every day, Imp is probably better than driving the miserable DC Rd. Otherwise, you might check with the FS about leaving them at the new Androscoggin Ranger Station which I think is more convenient than Pinkham.

I would have to agree with Roy specific to the Pine Link trailhead. We could barely park there last weekend due to many people tying up spaces for an event at the Horton Center.

USFS Andro would be best if they had no problem.

It's not that safe, and it's rude to tie up spaces there when the lot often overflows.

If you're just leaving them overnight and plan to fetch them every day, Imp is probably better than driving the miserable DC Rd. Otherwise, you might check with the FS about leaving them at the new Androscoggin Ranger Station which I think is more convenient than Pinkham.

Ive been using that lot for over 20 years and never had any trouble, as far as it being rude, really? I dissagree,many people spot thier cars there, if the lot fills up theres overflow nearby, its first come first serve. Frankly on my rude scale that doesnt come close, you do have me shaking my head though Ill give you that.

I stopped in the Androscoggin ranger station Thurs AM and asked if it was OK to leave cars there overnight, the answer was yes