The end is near

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

king tut

Reaction score
No, this is not a biblical prophecy, just the end of my 67 journey coming up soon. Though, the rapture was scheduled on my birthday this year, and the other end of the world is scheduled for just after I get married this fall, but that's another story.

With 4 peaks left on my list of 67, I decided to go out for a nice dayhike on Sunday, make that a nice 2 day hikes. I started off the morning at 8 am with a nice leisurely stroll up Mt Hale, which is a pleasant 2.2 miles each way, with around a 2,200 foot vertical gain. The hike was relatively easy, and I returned back to the parking lot about 2 hours after I started out.

I downed some gatorade and jumped in my trusty Subaru and drove down to Sawyer River Road, and hit the Signal Ridge trail to Mt Carrigain a little after 11 in the morning. It was getting pretty warm out, so I kept guzzling water and gatorade and tried to stay hydrated while sweating profusely. The Signal Ridge trail was 5 miles each way, with a 3,300 foot elevation gain from the parking lot. The initial 2-3 miles are relatively flat, and then the trail goes UPHILL quickly as it follows Signal Ridge. I threw my GPS plots onto Google Earth, trying to show where the trail follows the ridgeline,

I started to question my thinking process of hiking two mountains in the same day with it being so warm out, but i slowly pressed onward and upward and hit the peak just a little under three hours from the parking lot. The views were quite nice from the platform on top, but it was quite hazy outside, so the views were a bit limited with all the moisture in the air.

Looking to the Southern 4k's

Looking down on the Signal Ridge trail

After taking a 20 minute or so rest on top, I made some good time heading on down the mountain, and got to the car a little after 4 pm. I jumped in the river, got bit by about a dozen flies, and then headed back Northwest to home. My last hike in the Whites before my final hike of Passaconaway and Whiteface, whenever that might turn out to be. Hopefully sometime this year!