When will Lake of the Clouds close to day visitors?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pedxing

Reaction score
I called the AMC and did not get a definitive answer to my question.

I'm taking Mt. Washington for Flag's on the 48 on September 11th and plan on hiking up via the Ammonoosuc Ravine Trail. The huts are open to overnighters through the 10th, so they will have visitors having breakfast and heading out the morning of the 11th, but should we expect to be able to stop in at 10AM or a little after and get some water and take a break - or will they already be in full speed close up mode with day visitors unwelcome or barred entirely?

I'm not sure I'll be up there before September 11th to ask the staff at LOC (though Loki, who appears in my avatar needs Monroe and Eisenhower for her 48, so I might try - it would be great if she could finish on Washington on the 11th).

We will be on Monroe with flags, clarinet, etc., as usual, so may see you on our way up at Lakes.

Usually the water system is the last thing to get shut down at a hut, so my guess is that water will still be running on Sunday, as it will take the AMC a few more days to button up Lakes after their last night of lodging.

Thanks, I'm guessing they would be around for a while and wouldn't close the doors on folks who just spent the night until at least noon - but one of the AMC folks was guessing the other way.