Skylight, Marcy via Lake Arnold, Aug. 13

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
U

Unregistered

Some muddy, wet areas, nothing that wasn't easy enough to get around. No bugs except some black flies on top of Marcy. No special equipment needed.

More details: Parked near the trail head for the old road that leads to Marcy Dam (as 9:20 on a nice summer Saturday morning is way too late for parking at the Loj). More mud and wetness after Lake Arnold. Going up to Skylight is about 1/3 wet, but I didn't find it slippery coming down. Some muddy/wet areas on the way down from Marcy, but I've seen much worse.

I've been up Marcy countless times, always from the same trail, so it was nice to go up the back way, a lovely open rock face near the top. Skylight is a great summit as well. This trail throws all the best of Daks hiking at you: rock hopping, tree branches, tree roots, mud, wet rock, wet tree roots, steep trails, etc. The great thing about hiking in the Daks is that wherever else you go, the hiking conditions are easy! Did some hikes recently in Wyoming, smooth trails, switchbacks, no problem for a Daks hiker!!