Guthook returns again. What did I miss?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guthook

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I've been working at a summer camp for the past few months and have been completely out of the loop, missing all interesting news of the world and (more importantly) hiking. I'm starting to sort through the backlog of posts here, but I'll do the usual asking of the good folks here: What did I miss?

On my end, I was able to spend a lot of time on Monadnock (sunrise and moonlight hikes galore), and lead camp groups on the AT from Crawford to Franconia Notch, a backpacking trip on the Cohos Trail, and two paddling trips on the Attean Pond/Holeb Pond/Moose River Bow. Best weather conditions I've ever had in New England for long trips, too. There will be trip reports sooner or later. I'm in the middle of moving (again), but as soon as I can sort through some photos I'll see what I can put up.

Glad to be back!

Welcome back. It appears you had a really nice summer.:)

Thanks Maddy. It was ups and downs, but the trips were mighty nice :)

I'm looking forward to some free time now, though. And hearing other folks' stories. I know Vegematic finished the John Muir Trail a few days ago, so I can't wait for some pics from her!

What did ya miss? Well, the Patriots made a few interesting trades; the stock market went to he!! and back; oh yeah, and they paved the Crawford Path ;),

Welcome back Ryan. Hey I'm planning another snowstorm Twins hike this Winter :eek: I know you'll be all in.

Are you moving back to Maine?

Petch

Petch, you know me. I'm down for just about anything that involves stupidity and snow :)

Mirabela, I did some kind of version of that in the spring, complete with 90 degree heat. I'd be down for trying it again, since my knees are back to normal levels of pain.

Moving to Keene, NH next week, where I will be just as unqualified for every job under the sun except burger flippers and deep fryers. What fun!