Allis State Park, VT (Brookfield area)

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jay H

Reaction score
The VT DOT says there is a bridge out on Rt 65 by Sunset Lake.. the DOT says there is a "Floating" pedestrian bridge. Does anybody know if this is bicycle friendly, i.e. could I get across it on a bike (fat tires friendly)?

Small chance I may want to camp at Allis state park which is on the other side of I-89 and I intend to bike up the east side of I-89 so for me to get there, the obvious way is via Route 65, but the VT DOT mentions there is a bridge out by Sunset Lake..

Any yokel.. I mean locals know the status of that bridge? :)

And while I'm here, do you know of any decent campground in between Gifford State park in Killington and Allis State park in randolph? I know of Silver Lake in Barnard but that is about 6 miles off my route, which is a 12 mile detour...

I'm thinking Gifford may make it a way short day 2 and Allis might be a long day 2 with the expected elevation around Killington crossing the Long Trail. I expect to be camping in Dorset at Emerald Lake State park on Night 1.

Jay

Last edited:
I read the same status.. sounds like it will be OK if i need to cross it.. and the detour is probably not too bad.

I hope to pick up the cross VT bike trail around Plainfield at some point to get me to Ricker Lake, parts of that is on an old railbed...

Jay