Camping Options close to Bangor

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miehoff

Reaction score
I am going on an extended hiking and biking trip starting tomorrow and I need a nice, quiet campground somewhere very close to Bangor, ME. It can be slightly south or north of Bangor, but not too far. I will be staying tomorrow (Friday) night. I really want it to be quiet so I can get my sleep for a very very long drive the next day. I appreciate any recommendations and/or links.

Thanks!

Cold Springs Campground?

Has anyone heard of it? I can't get a number to call or any other helpful info.

I grew up half a mile from Paul Bunyan Campground and used it as a playground as the owners kids were my age and rode my bus, so that certainly comes to mind for me. A mile further out Rt. 222 is Pleasant Hill campground, in Hermon.

I really can't recommend one over the other, as I haven't set foot in either in over 15 years, so I only saw PB when it was relatively new. They had a rec room and pool, IIRC. I'm not sure what amenities Pleasant Hill CG offers.

There is a set of active train tracks that runs only a few hundred yards behind the rear boundary of Paul Bunyan CG, whereas these tracks are quite a bit more distant from Pleasant Hill CG.

Chris

And as usual I'm behind the times. I really need to read more threads before posting/replying. I see that your trip was several days ago...

Well perhaps my info on the campgrounds will help someone else in the future :)