AMC Four Thousand Footer Committee e-mail address?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there a backlog in responses from Gene? A buddy of mine who completed his 115 2 years ago (this is timely, as he asked me just yesterday) had sent a letter to Gene on 9/2/04 and had not received a response re: AMC 4K.
Thanks

Rick said:
Is there a backlog in responses from Gene? A buddy of mine who completed his 115 2 years ago (this is timely, as he asked me just yesterday) had sent a letter to Gene on 9/2/04 and had not received a response re: AMC 4K.
Thanks

FWIW, I sent in my list in early October, and have yet to hear anything in response.

Gene

Last I heard Gene wasn;t feeling too well due to his diabetes.

We are sorry to hear that Gene is not feeling well. and that he is very busy on the guide books. We sent in our $5 for the NEHH info pac a month or two ago and never received anything. at least now we know why.

Perhaps some of the folks who have received patches, scrolls, etc could write to Gene and offer to assist him. We talked about this on a hike two weeks ago with Cantdog. Time to give something back to the hiking community. Gene has given a lot - time to offer to help him out.

Ken - The only referance I saw to someone offering Gene help was your name. Did you contact hime and offer your time? What was the reponse?

bobandgeri said:
Ken - The only referance I saw to someone offering Gene help was your name. Did you contact hime and offer your time? What was the reponse?
the first time i offered was back when i contacted him after waiting 3 months for my 4000' patches (and the check wasn't even cashed yet) - i spoke to him on the phone - when he told me that he had so much to do with the three lists that he takes care of (plus winters) and that is why he takes so long... i offered to help with a list or two, his response was that i couldn't help because i live in n.y. (heaven forbid that someone should have to send to new york to get a new england patch) - - - just recently priscilla robertson of the 111ers retired - i offered to take over the 111ers but the plans were already made to add it to gene's duties - but recently after the discussion on VFTT gene did mail me to say that he may find something for me to do.

Last edited:
We'll be sure to let you know what he says to our offer - we live in NH ! (although I have no idea how where you live comes into play :>)

Tom Rankin said:
FWIW, I sent in my list in early October, and have yet to hear anything in response.

Sent mine on Septemebr 27, my only concern about the length of time is that the bank cashes the check......and doesn't kick it back for being 3-4 months out of date!! :eek:

I downloaded the pdf from Mohamed's website. The address at the top is Concord, NH, but on the form itself it says to send it to Boston. Just so that I send it to the right place, could someone please clarify for me?

SteveHiker said:
The address at the top is Concord, NH, but on the form itself it says to send it to Boston. Just so that I send it to the right place, could someone please clarify for me?
send it to concord - if you read the five page letter that gene sends along with the application, it states that you will get it faster if you send it to him directly in concord (if concord takes 6 months i wonder how long AMC, joy street, boston takes since they have to foreward it... one year????).

Last edited:
Well, I heard back from Gene in only 16 or 17 hours. I asked about the 111er fee; I didn't see anything mentioned about any fee on the application I downloaded from Charles' Web site a couple years ago, and when I sent my application to Priscilla Robertson, she forwarded it to Gene, but I still don't know what the fee is.

He didn't tell me what the fee is, but pointed out that I'd have to be accepted in the New England Four Thousand Footer Club before I could be accepted into the 111ers of the Northeastern United States. I haven't yet mailed in that application. He said he's handing over the Four Thousand Footer stuff to Eric Savage, but now I'm not sure if I should mail my New England FTF application to Eric or to Gene. D'oh.

SteveHiker said:
I downloaded the pdf from Mohamed's website. The address at the top is Concord, NH, but on the form itself it says to send it to Boston. Just so that I send it to the right place, could someone please clarify for me?

I used Mohammeds New England Peakbagging website, which is the best source of up to date information on peakbagging. I sent the whole packet to Concord. Who knows when you'd ever get the patches and all from the Boston office. :eek:

SteveHiker said:
I downloaded the pdf from Mohamed's website. The address at the top is Concord, NH, but on the form itself it says to send it to Boston.
Something wrong here ...

The files on my site are Excel spreadsheets and not pdf files, and they give the Concord address (except that I had forgotten to put any address on the 100 Highest one).

And yes, I agree with post'r boy :)

Sorry, Mohamed. I followed the link from your site to the pdf on the committee's site. I wasn't paying attention to where it took me. Thanks for having the link though. I probably never would have found it by myself. Your site is very easy to navigate and full of information.

As for speed of delivery, it doesn't matter to me just as long as I know where to send it to. A guy that just left the company I work for said that he used to hike with Gene, so it's almost like I know him, I guess.