Field and Willey in a Minute and a Half

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's okay, Ed. :) Enjoy, because he won't be in any more for a month and a half. We must leave him behind for Katahdin and the western highpoints.

Wish he would stand still for photos. Whenever I try to snap a picture, he gets up and wanders off, or he turns around to sniff the cairn, or he looks up at the sky... :rolleyes:

Hi UnStrung Harp,

Thanks! We've never been to B.S.P. before. Very much looking forward to it. Not sure which route we'll take just yet. Will probably decide once we're at our campsite.

Trips coming up

Gauranteed, you will love Katahdin.
Good luck out west and NO storms this time.
We will be looking forward to the reports.
Noticed no sliding this time on the ladders on Willey.;) Nice report as usual.

Gauranteed, you will love Katahdin.
Good luck out west and NO storms this time.
We will be looking forward to the reports.
Noticed no sliding this time on the ladders on Willey.;) Nice report as usual.

Thanks! We're looking forward to our trips.

And no, there was no sliding on the ladders this time. :eek:

Trish,
Nice video!
Our first experience of wilderness hiking was in BSP (before we discovered the White Mountains). You will definitely want to go back again once you summit Katahdin.
Be careful this weekend too.

Donna:)

Thanks, Donna.

We look forward to BSP -- I'm glad I reserved a bunch of days up there. We're going to skip our first night or two so we don't have to travel during the interesting weather (have already called the rangers to confirm the rest of our dates).

I loved this video but I think the video on Max playing Twister was even better. Thanks for sharing all of this!

Have to agree with you. That video captures Max's personality perfectly. His only goal in life is to lick everyone in the face. :) There's not an aggressive bone in his body.

Not sure if you're a coffee drinker or not, but the stretches of 95 from Waterville-Bangor, and from Bangor to Millenockett are MIND NUMBING. Barely any other vehicles. Both trips this year, Gabriel rode shotgun just to keep me awake.

Not sure if its on your Baxter "to-do" list, but I'd recommend bagging Hamlin peak while you're at it. Its a pretty easy hike over to it and you get some pretty incredible views of the whole mountain. Personally, I think that the close views of the mountain are better than the views from it.