Irene Storm Track

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was thinking the same thing upon see the projected track. Buckle up.

how about Saturday

So who's going hiking on Sunday?

I was thinking to do the Wildcats on Saturday. I *think* it will be ok. I see 60% chance of rain, but I am hoping to whip in, whip out. (In via 19 mile brook, over A and D peaks, down by ski slopes). Am I being foolhardy? Of course I will check the weather as we get closer too....

--Carla

I've been building an ark up at Stillwater in the Pemi. Those wishing to join can meet me there Sunday afternoon for the launch. Sorry in advance about the bridges on Thoreau Falls Tr and at Lincoln Woods. :D

I was thinking to do the Wildcats on Saturday. I *think* it will be ok. I see 60% chance of rain, but I am hoping to whip in, whip out. (In via 19 mile brook, over A and D peaks, down by ski slopes). Am I being foolhardy? Of course I will check the weather as we get closer too....
Don't forget that you probably want to be able to drive home, too.

Doug

I'm not hiking on Sunday yet I do have 100 people coming to my house for a brunch between 9:00am and noon. It should be an interesting day.

These storms are notoriously fickle. It may miss the area entirely, or go even further West and hit the Adirondacks.

NHC: "IT IS IMPORTANT TO REMIND USERS NOT TO FOCUS
ON THE EXACT FORECAST TRACK...ESPECIALLY AT DAYS 4 AND 5...SINCE
THE MOST RECENT 5-YEAR AVERAGE ERRORS AT THOSE FORECAST TIMES ARE
200 AND 250 MILES...RESPECTIVELY."

So I'd probably not plan on a Sunday night hike anywhere in the region...

I was thinking that Hurricane Ledge on Kaaterskill High Peak in the Catskills would be appropriate for a Sunday jaunt. If Irene stays further East and decides to play in the Whites instead of running through NY, I just might do it too.

The county highpointers are leading a hike to the highpoint of Cape Cod, some are planning to hit the island county highpoints after

As Dave Barry would say, I'm not making this up :)

The county I live in, Cape May NJ, has ordered a mandatory evacuation. I was told today to come into work in the Am (I'm a physician assistant on a CG base) Will probably leave on saturday although sticking around and experiencing the storm would be interesting. Laid in a supply of water today

6+" of rain predicted in the Berkshires... Going to see if I can kayak downtown sunday night... :)

Jay