Current Conditions in the Daks

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shadowcat

Reaction score
HI: Hoping to get up to the Daks this weekend & I'm so disheartened to hear about all the damage. Does anyone know if the Mt Van Hovenberg mountain bike trails are open and ridable? And if so is the road open to get to that point? Can you get to and climb: Nungadow, Pitchoff, Crows, Bald?
Is the Noonmark still standing ?? Gotta have my fries and pie after the hike :D
What's going on up there? Any info at all appreciated. Pictures even better

Take a look through the threads. Lots of photos and reports. Rte 73 is closed beyond dysfunction junction. Some of your destinations are reachable but travel is strongly discouraged so workers can fix roads, bridges and washouts and not be concerned with non residents slowing things down.
Black Spruce posted a fairly comprehensive list of closures.

HI: Hoping to get up to the Daks this weekend & I'm so disheartened to hear about all the damage. Does anyone know if the Mt Van Hovenberg mountain bike trails are open and ridable? And if so is the road open to get to that point? Can you get to and climb: Nungadow, Pitchoff, Crows, Bald?
Is the Noonmark still standing ?? Gotta have my fries and pie after the hike :D
What's going on up there? Any info at all appreciated. Pictures even better

DEC has a list of recommended hikes while the cleanup is going on (here). Pitchoff is specifically mentioned. I imagine this list could change frequently. It might be best to call the ranger beforehand.