How's the ice at Chapel Pond/Cascade?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KZKlimber

Reaction score
If you've driven Rt 73 since Nov 11th:

How's the ice forming on the cliffs around Chapel Pond and Cascade Lakes?

Eager to climb!!!!!

KZ

Ice & Atten Girls! (esp Icensnow...)

kz: - you plan on attending the january festival? did you see that simon yates is actually teaching an intermediate class? i'm not really an intermediate yet but that would be soooo coool! i am siging up for the beginner class with kitty calhoun & am totally psyched.
which brings me to the gals out there -- come on & take the saturday class. it's $125 /starts at 8am & goes all day so it sounds like you get your money's worth. plus the $$ is for charity so you can write it off on your taxes. for info go to the mountaineer's site. come icy! missed ya last winter, this is your chance to plan ahead & put the time aside to try it. i only took that one class & don't know squat just that i had a blast. ck it out! i'm signing up for saturday. :D

Shadowcat

We ususally climb the weekend of the festival, but go to one of the more remote routes to avoid the crowds.

I am thinking about getting new tools the end of the season - it might be worth it to demo some BD Fusion or Vipers at the fesitival!!!!!

Drove through Chapel Pond Pass yesterday, 11/14. Chouinard's is in and being climbed. (Darn! I usually get the first, very sketchy, ascent each year, but this year they beat me to it. Too busy with the new new house!)

(Remember you have to use the "Hinterstroisser" approach until the lake is frozen. You can either leave a rope, or do the diagonal descent to the Tillman's anchors.)

The season has begun!!!!!!

My partner was up doing some recon and told me that Positive Reinforcement is definitely in. Lions on the Beach, Hot Shot, & Ice Slot are thin mixed climbs, but close to being able to take screws.

:D :D :D