New England Hundred Highest Finish, Chain of Ponds Snow, 9/13/11

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
we knew you could do it

Ah, a time for rumination!

It's anticlimactic to finish on such an easy peak after so many tough ones, my last w4k was Tecumseh and I didn't get to it for awhile because I knew I could do it so why bother?

I just drove 346 miles in a day by myself to finish up some non-descript bumps, but realized that's a typical drive to the Whites for those S of Boston. One reason why I turned down that job in Framingham.

A more usual finishing trip involves staying in the area longer - there's always a new list to start and plenty of interesting places in the area that were bypassed on more serious peakbagging trips.

Will you have your name legally changed to dua_dogger?

Congrats on completing that list. No matter whether you pick an easy or a hard one, overall, it's a big list covering lots of geography, and a bit of route-finding on some of them.

I could remember the peak I finished on (Boundary) but didn't even have a vague recollection of when I did COP Snow, except that it was in late summer, so had to look it up - 13 years ago tomorrow (Sept 18th).

way to go. We talked way back about you finishing. Congrats. It is a good hike. I helped someone finish the NH 48 on Friday, Finishing a list is big and a whats next kind of moment.

Interesting as I live real close to Blue Ox and employ someone who once worked there.

Bigfoot

way to go. We talked way back about you finishing. Congrats. It is a good hike. I helped someone finish the NH 48 on Friday, Finishing a list is big and a whats next kind of moment.

Interesting as I live real close to Blue Ox and employ someone who once worked there.

Bigfoot

I remember the conversation!!

It's beautiful up there -- what a great place to live!

Thanks!

What's left? :)

White Cap, Kennabego Divide and Big Jay.

The 6-pack peaks have been eluding me for several years. maybe because, I've been trying to do them all in winter. we were able to drive in last winter and do cupsuctic. should have sucked it up and finished them that day. next day we got 2 feet of snow so....
Get em one of these days.

Congrats on your finish! Maybe taking a little time to finish the last one is like letting a bottle of wine or a block of cheese age a bit...grows in enjoyment and flavor? :)

A momentous occasion and a major accomplishment. Brava and kudos!! I went up there on a rather overcast day and very wet. The old hut really looked sad in the gloom. I loved the photo of you and Michael at the top.

There are still more peaks to conquer! Happy Hiking!